Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plate on the front of the truck. I need to see how it mounts and if you can take pictures through the tow-hook holes as well to show me how it mounts. There are 2 bolts that hold the units up that attach that skidplate to the truck. Well I got this skidplate off another guy, and I think something is missing. Also I might be having a issue with my brushguard being in the way a little bit. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
My wife has our camera with her out of town or I would take a pic for you. The skid plate should have 6 attach holes and two brackets near the tow hooks. Does that help any??

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JetTech said:
My wife has our camera with her out of town or I would take a pic for you. The skid plate should have 6 attach holes and two brackets near the tow hooks. Does that help any??
Well the problem I am seeing is:

1) The brackets that come with the skidplate mount on the front most bolt on the frame and the one slightly back from it. But the one that is slightly back the brackets are not going flush up against the frame at the bolt location. The bracket has a flat spot that sits flush but not at the bolt location.

2) My brushguard when reinstalled will be pushing back against the skidplate pretty hard. Not sure if this will cause a problem at this moment yet.

3) Can I reuse the bolts off my other non-4x4 skidplate near the crossmember to mount this one with? I didn't get those bolts. I got 3 other bolts that do not seem to fit anywhere. And the brackets came with their own bolts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's dark now, but I can get you some pictures in the morning.
I have an XE 4x4 with no offroad package. I'm not sure I follow you on the association of the tow hook and skid plate mounts. Is this the Offroad package skidplate you have? Perhaps it's different than mine.

I just pulled the skidplate yesterday changing my oil, and there are 4 10mm mounting bolts that hold the plate to the chassis and 2 10mm bolts (Phillips with w/hex heads) that go between two tabs on the bumper cover into the plate (through plastic inserts in the plate). Didn't have to do anything up by the tow hooks to drop the plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts