Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving down the highway at about 55-60mph both the vdc off and slip light came on. Both have stayed on. Drove about 20min each way to work. Highway conditions were dry and warm had the cruise control set. Trying to figure out what is wrong.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Check your brake fluid level. It must be all the way up to the full line.
If level is OK, you may have a bad wheel sensor.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I dont know about the rest of you but I miss not having the VDC on my 07 Off Road Package Titan. My 04 Armada had the off road package and had the VDC but for some reason my 07 titan does not. Why?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brake fluid is about 1/8" from the max line its plenty full.

How do I know what wheel sensor to change? Or are there signs to look for telling me the sensor is bad??

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
The only way I know of pin pointing which sensor is bad is to have a scangage II run on it at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Could also mean you need new brake pads.....Is your brake light coming on too?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No brake light. No abs light. Just the VDC off and Slip lights are on. Pads where changed like 4 months ago.

Do I have to take it to the delership? I have a obd II scaner.

·
Registered
116 Posts
dumb question but i just bought my titan and we got some snow and the slip light came on then went off. what does that mean? also what exactly does VDC stand for and should that be off or on? i was going to look in the manual but just seen this so i figured i would ask!

thanks!

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
VDC = Vehicle Dynamic Control. It keeps you going in the intended direction through the use of applying ABS to specific wheels. The Slip light will come if you are trying to accelerate and you lose traction.

For other abbreviations commonly used with your Titan and the Club Titan forum see the Rosetta Stone link in my signature below.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just wanted to know if you found the problem for vdc and slip lights coming on and what did you do to fix it thank you and much appreciated any info you can give

·
Registered
1 Posts
Born-4/27/04
Adopted-7/25/04
Smoke SE CC 4X4
Popular Captain, Big Tow, Utili-trak, Bed Extender,Fog Lights, OEM Seat Covers, Truxedo Lo Pro, Xm SkiFi 2, Bushwacker FenderFlares, APS Billet Grill, Weathertech Vent Visors, Lund Bug Shield, Stainless Door Pillars, Stainless Window Sills, Chrome Tailgate trim, Challanger Tube Steps, X-Pel Paint Protection, Front Tint, PIAA Silicone Wipers, Gibson 3" Stainless Single, Volant CAI, Airaid TB Spacer, ECO Fuel System, 2% Timing Advance, Active Tuning Ground Kit, DR Coilovers , Total Chaos arms, Bilstien 5100s, Deaver 2 1/2" Rear Spring Pack, Pro Comp Extreme 1079s. BFG AT 315x70x17, LM Bull Bar, PIAA Driving Lights, Wireless Keypad, Remote Start, under seat gun safe

·
Registered
42 Posts
All of my lights come on VDC, SLIP, ABS. they are on and off constantly. I think the sensors are going. because the SLIP is on. I believe the rear 2 sensors must be the issue because the SLIP is for traction on the rear wheels. so when you spin, that light comes on, the engine cuts power and applies the brake. so that sensor does alot. so the reason all lights come on is the rear sensors must be going.

But mine come on and off. rather than spend money on the consult and get a bill for 200 bucks from them. Im getting the 2 rear sensors!

Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts