Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone. Below is the wheel and tire combo I am considering for my "Smoke" KC LE 4X2. I would really like the wheel shown (Weld Rockcrusher or something like that) with the Terra Grappler mounted on it but I discovered they are nearly $400 a piece and that is just not in my budget. Also, picture the wheel in chrome and give me feedback. The chrome version will be available mid-Feb according to America's Tire and I am wondering if it's worth the extra $40 per wheel and the wait. These wheels are perfect size wise. The wheel is an MB Motoring "Rocker" 17X8 with a 25mm backspace. The tires are Nitto Terra Grapplers in size LT295/70/17 and are "D" load rated. I want honest opinions. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I like those tires a lot. 400 is steep though. MB Motoring usually have some pretty good prices. I like the rims but I would go for something a little beefier. I dont like so much air in between spokes. Looks funny when you get them on the truck and you see the little bitty brakes we have and then a whole bunch of air around them. Nissan should really put a bigger brake kit on these trucks.
M4ck

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
I'm with M4ck. Like the aggressive looking tire, but would put a more solid looking wheel with them. Spokes are good for those low profile tires, but if you're going for the rugged look, a more solid wheel would do better. My opinion, only.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The amount of polish that is on the wheels looks really good, and the combo w/ tires is gonna be hard to beat. 8 Spoke wheels do look good on the TITAN, I saw one the other day when I was in Salem. Most folks kinda don't notice the small brakes. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE " BLING " BABY!!! Really like the tires, wonder how they would do in the sand and rain? $400 each OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But they are Ds so they will last a little longer. I LIKE IT. :wink:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
m4ck said:
I like those tires a lot. 400 is steep though. MB Motoring usually have some pretty good prices. I like the rims but I would go for something a little beefier. I dont like so much air in between spokes. Looks funny when you get them on the truck and you see the little bitty brakes we have and then a whole bunch of air around them. Nissan should really put a bigger brake kit on these trucks.
M4ck
Yeah, $400 a piece for wheels is a bit out of my budget. The wheel that tire is mounted on is made by Weld and it's called the Stonecrusher. Nice wheel but to rich for my blood. I will stick with the MB Motoring line.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FlatBlack said:
The amount of polish that is on the wheels looks really good, and the combo w/ tires is gonna be hard to beat. 8 Spoke wheels do look good on the TITAN, I saw one the other day when I was in Salem. Most folks kinda don't notice the small brakes. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE " BLING " BABY!!! Really like the tires, wonder how they would do in the sand and rain? $400 each OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But they are Ds so they will last a little longer. I LIKE IT. :wink:
The tires are only $170 a piece or so, I was saying the wheel that the tire is mounted on in the photo is $400. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i like the tires they look like they will fit nicely 8) i am a sucker for chrome rims and the ones i have are very simalar except chrome 7 spokes

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
i like the tires they look like they will fit nicely 8) i am a sucker for chrome rims and the ones i have are very simalar except chrome 7 spokes

!!!!! BLING BLING BABY !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
FlatBlack said:
!!!!! BLING BLING BABY !!!!!!!!!!
i need sunglasses to polish them in the sunshine 8) :lol: they'll look better with some new tires thrown on there

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
Wow, your wheels look alot like those and in chrome too!!! I am debating whether to get the machined ones or wait till mid-Feb when they release the chrome version. Machined finish is $125 per wheel and chrome will be $165 a wheel. Hmmm . . .

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
im chanting "chrome" for you :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I talked to Mike today at MB Motoring and he says the wheel I wanted (at the beginning of this thread) will not be completely chrome so I have lost interest. In the meantime, I came across the following wheel made by Ion Alloy Wheels which appears to be a knock-off of the Weld Stonecrusher wheel pictured with the Terra Grappler mounted on it (at the beginning of this thread}. The Weld version is $340 a wheel (made from billet aluminum) but the Ion Alloy Wheels knock-off (Cast Aluminum) is only $159 a wheel through Jegs. The size I am looking at is 17X9 with a 6 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern with a 4 5/8" backspace. Any thoughts? Will the backspace be enough so my wheels don't stick out of the fenders too far? Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
TitanHauler said:
So I talked to Mike today at MB Motoring and he says the wheel I wanted (at the beginning of this thread) will not be completely chrome so I have lost interest. In the meantime, I came across the following wheel made by Ion Alloy Wheels which appears to be a knock-off of the Weld Stonecrusher wheel pictured with the Terra Grappler mounted on it (at the beginning of this thread}. The Weld version is $340 a wheel (made from billet aluminum) but the Ion Alloy Wheels knock-off (Cast Aluminum) is only $159 a wheel through Jegs. The size I am looking at is 17X9 with a 6 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern with a 4 5/8" backspace. Any thoughts? Will the backspace be enough so my wheels don't stick out of the fenders too far? Thanks in advance guys.
I love the Nitto's on MB rims. I have the 20x9's and no change in OEM vertical ride however, lateral handling is much improved. The aggresive tread pattern was a blast to enjoy this past NJ blizzard. Check them on my weblink below my sig then click "pair of Titans"

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gr8TITAN said:
TitanHauler said:
I love the Nitto's on MB rims. I have the 20x9's and no change in OEM vertical ride however, lateral handling is much improved. The aggresive tread pattern was a blast to enjoy this past NJ blizzard. Check them on my weblink below my sig then click "pair of Titans"
Wow! Those rims and tires look gr8TITAN! (No pun intended) LOL Personally I prefer a little less rim and a little more tire but your setup is trick and looks real good. It amazes me that they offer off-road tires in such a low profile. I think I am just getting old. :) Thanks for the information, and just out of curiosity, what is your backspacing on those rims?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
gr9titan - that combo looks very nice. Did you lift it any and did you have to trim anything out to fit those tires?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Tires and rims

Caltitan and TitanHauler,
Thanks for the complement.
I do not know the back spacing. When I bought the set from www.tires.com I used their interactive menu but I already knew what I wanted as my NJ dealer has this set up as a dealer installed option for $3800 (I paid $2100 shipped + kept my OEM tires) The seller's interactive menu automatically makes the correct combination (eg. rim width & tire profile) within factory accepted parameters based on your choice of "rim diameter of 18 to 24 inches: The larger the rim diameter is, the lower the tire profile goes. My tires do not touch or rub any part of my Titan and I have the OEM 4x4 height and this makes me feel good about reliability of the vehicle.
I have tons of 'MOD' pictures just click on my link below. PEACE

1 - 20 of 31 Posts