Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 04 kc xe. Nd I lookin to get a muffler I found some guy sellin 2 nismo mufflers . But I kinda been wantin to get 2 super 44's nd use those but idk?? I kinda dnt really care bout the sound I jst wanna better performance. thanks a head of time :) lol
Please help

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Ok I have a 04 kc xe. Nd I lookin to get a muffler I found some guy sellin 2 nismo mufflers . But I kinda been wantin to get 2 super 44's nd use those but idk?? I kinda dnt really care bout the sound I jst wanna better performance. thanks a head of time :) lol
Please help
On an 04 you don't want 2 of anything. A y pipe will give you the best numbers. Your best bet for all around performance is a JBA Evol catback exhaust. Then if you still want a little more numbers then spend another 200 bucks and get some custom 2.25" b-pipes with high flow converters fabbed up and installed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got 2 all the way back to duals on my 09 whats your reasoning behind this?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I got 2 all the way back to duals on my 09 whats your reasoning behind this?
The 04-06 motors are different than the 07-present motors. They are the same to the fact that they both love back pressure (small pipes) but unless you want to tear every piece of exhaust off and fab up some true duals with an x-pipe (this is my plan in the future) and spend a buttload more than necessary, a y-pipe system is the best bang for your buck on a 06 or older. On the 07-present models the simplest and most fruitful mod is just the Magnaflow muffler swap but we have alot more options that produce good numbers. Look up a thread called Shailey's exhaust findings. He has dyno proof to similar findings.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohh .
Well I really wanted dual tips out the side is there any cat back exhaust systems that u know may be alright?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Ohh .
Well I really wanted dual tips out the side is there any cat back exhaust systems that u know may be alright?
There is a couple of Gibson catback systems that showed good numbers that are single in dual out. There is also a volant I believe that is small pipes all the way through that puts out some nasty torque numbers that I believe has dual outs. Or you can buy a 2.5 in dual 2.25 out Magnaflow muffler, the tips you want, and then go to a muffler shop and have them bend you up and weld you some pipe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man!!! What do u think about jst removing the cats??? U think a super 44 is good muffler??

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thanks man!!! What do u think about jst removing the cats??? U think a super 44 is good muffler??
On an 04, if you are a 2wd you have cars in the manifolds and the next piece of pipe (b pipe) will be resonators. If you are 4wd it is another set of catalytic converters. Either way you don't need them. Taking them out will be a great step in the right direction. I had the super 44 and it's a good muffler if you can deal with the drone. (mine was at the max possible though because I just had turndowns) It is a baffled or chambers styled muffler where a flowthrough style like the Magnaflow or Gibson gives better numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
i had a spintech muffler and it killed my performance. it had baffles. i went to banks monster muffler with turn down, and it is much better. its a flow through. or is it because of the perferated metal inside. that's not the chamber you are talking about is it? so dropping cats all together is a good thing for 04's? never heard that. i thought guys did it just to be louder.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
i had a spintech muffler and it killed my performance. it had baffles. i went to banks monster muffler with turn down, and it is much better. its a flow through. or is it because of the perferated metal inside. that's not the chamber you are talking about is it? so dropping cats all together is a good thing for 04's? never heard that. i thought guys did it just to be louder.
The interior diameter of the b pipes on the 04-06 is 2 inches. Inside the cats and resonators are in the area of 1 and 5/8 inch of flow territory but is obstructed. Taking that obstruction out is healthier for vehicle. You will throw codes if you do anything to cats built into manifolds and is not recommended to be gutted. The perforated are a step in the right direction but still not as beneficial. The louder exhausts almost always come from flows and other chambered and petitioned exhaust mufflers. The fastest Titans run stollen long tube headers (or Nismos if they are so lucky) with 2.25" custom B-pipes into JBA evol catback

·
Registered
83 Posts
I purchased my titan almost new and someone had installed two flowmaster mufflers dual in dual out no clue what series, is there anyway to tell? They sound great but are you telling me I'm losing performance? Ive been wanting to do someone a little different because I'm not a fan of the dual pipes out the back...lil redneckish thought about coming out the side but not sure, what do you think would be best?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I purchased my titan almost new and someone had installed two flowmaster mufflers dual in dual out no clue what series, is there anyway to tell? They sound great but are you telling me I'm losing performance? Ive been wanting to do someone a little different because I'm not a fan of the dual pipes out the back...lil redneckish thought about coming out the side but not sure, what do you think would be best?
You aren't making less than stock but you are not going to be maxing out your numbers either. You can measure them and cross reference the dimensions on the site. Can you take a pic of your setup? I have never heard of a Titan with Quad exits. My exhaust I ran on my truck I built custom. Now let me stress that just a muffler swap may only vary in numbers by 3-5 at best hp if you already have an aftermarket one and your "butt dyno" isn't likely to be that sensitive to notice. My custom system had a 2.25" to 2.5 inch Y pipe that went into an SLP loud Mouth shotgun series muffler that then carried over axle and dumped in Nova style. This muffler honestly can't be classified a muffler. It's more like a hollowed out glasspack but it is the most freeflowing design you can find. If you don't have to worry about a sniffer then that'd be the most beneficial but at the same time you have to do what makes you happy with sound too. My SLP sounded as good as it did because of my headers. On a stock setup, I don't know that it would anymore. Most flowthrough mufflers are much more quiet at idle as well at high rpm. So if you are happy with the sound then by all means then don't change your exhaust, save that money for another mod. But if you are building a race truck or dyno queen than a freeflowing exhaust is the proven performance leader.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't mean "quad" as in four I ment two pipes from my headers all the way two the bumper flowing through two "unknown" series flow masters. I have a sport bike and a sports car for toys the Titan is my DD in no way am I wanting to make it into a 4x4 CC race truck lol. Just wondering how my set up would do compared to a let's say banks monster exhaust?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't mean "quad" as in four I ment two pipes from my headers all the way two the bumper flowing through two "unknown" series flow masters. I have a sport bike and a sports car for toys the Titan is my DD in no way am I wanting to make it into a 4x4 CC race truck lol. Just wondering how my set up would do compared to a let's say banks monster exhaust?
I gotcha. I was wondering there for a second. It didn't seem possible. I think with a dual in dual out setup like you have the gains by a muffler swap to the banks would be between minimal and negligible. Being that it is a daily driver, it's more about the noise that you like

1 - 14 of 14 Posts