Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the wheels I have on order, the Gunner 6, I was just informed are on back order until at least May. :( Now I don't know if I should wait, or if I should just change my order and go with my original wheel choice, the Enkei RT-6. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
QWIKWHIP said:
Well, the wheels I have on order, the Gunner 6, I was just informed are on back order until at least May. :( Now I don't know if I should wait, or if I should just change my order and go with my original wheel choice, the Enkei RT-6. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks. :)

It's really YOUR choice. I, personally, like the RT-6 better. But, that's just me.

Which one do you prefer? :wink:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
firecracker said:
QWIKWHIP said:

It's really YOUR choice. I, personally, like the RT-6 better. But, that's just me.

Which one do you prefer? :wink:
Well I have always loved the RT-6 and it was my original choice. Then this new one came out and I thought I really liked that one. Now the more I think about it, this back order may be a blessing in disguise. :)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
may is a long time to wait, i like the rt-6's better anyway but thats just my opinion. get what you like better :D

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I realy like them both but rt6 might be a little less of a pain to clean all the brake dust off of. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
kytitan said:
I realy like them both but rt6 might be a little less of a pain to clean all the brake dust off of. :twisted:
good point, i have the little rivits on my rims and there a b*t*h to clean around. keep that in mind

·
Registered
791 Posts
QWIKWHIP said:
Was literally just getting ready to post the exact same thread and low and behold you are in a quandry over a wheel choice, one of which is my desire as well. I am stuck between the following two wheels. I don't know where your located but I was told by the local Discount Tire here in California that the "Gunner 6" will be available late February. He put me on hold and called MB Wheels and checked today. I am leaning toward the "Gunner 6." I just wish they made the Gunner 8 in a 6 lug but then again it may not look right. Oh, and the "RT-6" is a nice wheel but I think the "Gunner 6" is the better fit for the Titan. JMHO

Attachments

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
You guys are killing me with these wheels. :? Its makeing want to get some new shoes for my titan.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Kytitan you stole my post. Exactly the words I was going to use. LOL
Its absolutely killing me.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TitanHauler said:
QWIKWHIP said:
Was literally just getting ready to post the exact same thread and low and behold you are in a quandry over a wheel choice, one of which is my desire as well. I am stuck between the following two wheels. I don't know where your located but I was told by the local Discount Tire here in California that the "Gunner 6" will be available late February. He put me on hold and called MB Wheels and checked today. I am leaning toward the "Gunner 6." I just wish they made the Gunner 8 in a 6 lug but then again it may not look right. Oh, and the "RT-6" is a nice wheel but I think the "Gunner 6" is the better fit for the Titan. JMHO
I do like the Gunner wheel but I think I'm gonna go with the RT-6. I have always liked them and I like the simplicity of them too. I think I just got over excited when I actually found another wheel I liked. (I'm very picky) That being said, the Gunner wheels will be available in chrome in late Feb but the Anthracite/Machined won't be available until May. Also, the second wheel you posted I don't think is available in the right fitment for our trucks. I think it can only be had in a -25 offset which will make it stick out about 3". I could be wrong but make sure before you order them, if you order them. :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
QWIKWHIP said:
TitanHauler said:
QWIKWHIP said:
I do like the Gunner wheel but I think I'm gonna go with the RT-6. I have always liked them and I like the simplicity of them too. I think I just got over excited when I actually found another wheel I liked. (I'm very picky) That being said, the Gunner wheels will be available in chrome in late Feb but the Anthracite/Machined won't be available until May. Also, the second wheel you posted I don't think is available in the right fitment for our trucks. I think it can only be had in a -25 offset which will make it stick out about 3". I could be wrong but make sure before you order them, if you order them. :)
The RT-6 is a nice wheel so I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Thanks for mentioning about the chrome (Gunner 6) ONLY being available in late February. I will check back tomorrow with my guy at America's Tire. I asked if both finishes would be available and he gave me a not so convincing yes so I will follow up. I am debating though between chrome and the Anthracite finish so it looks like unless I want to wait till May, I am getting Chrome. The Rocker is available in our bolt pattern with a 25mm negative offset (factory for our trucks basically) as I understand it but I will double check on that as well. Thanks again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know Im a newbie here so my opinion might not matter as much but I'll go w/ the Gunner 6...since you have the King cab I think it'll give the truck a sportier look as oppose to the RT which I think would look better on a crewcab

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TitanHauler said:
QWIKWHIP said:
TitanHauler said:
QWIKWHIP said:
The RT-6 is a nice wheel so I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Thanks for mentioning about the chrome (Gunner 6) ONLY being available in late February. I will check back tomorrow with my guy at America's Tire. I asked if both finishes would be available and he gave me a not so convincing yes so I will follow up. I am debating though between chrome and the Anthracite finish so it looks like unless I want to wait till May, I am getting Chrome. The Rocker is available in our bolt pattern with a 25mm negative offset (factory for our trucks basically) as I understand it but I will double check on that as well. Thanks again.
Actually our trucks have a positive 25 offset, so those Rockers with a negative 25 offset will stick way out. :) Make sure they sell you the right stuff, it can be very agravating making all the decisions than when they get here find out they won't fit. :(

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HoustonTitan said:
I know Im a newbie here so my opinion might not matter as much but I'll go w/ the Gunner 6...since you have the King cab I think it'll give the truck a sportier look as oppose to the RT which I think would look better on a crewcab
Hey I'm only a few days old on this site too. :) Did you happen to notice that if the gunner in chrome will look almost identical to your Welds? That must be were MB wheels is getting there design from.

·
Registered
14 Posts
QWIKWHIP said:
HoustonTitan said:
Hey I'm only a few days old on this site too. :) Did you happen to notice that if the gunner in chrome will look almost identical to your Welds? That must be were MB wheels is getting there design from.
HaHa...maybe thats why I like it better :D
it seems like everytime I stop to get gas or go anywhere people are always looking at the truck/wheels or asking about them...You ever thought about going w/ Welds?? Im gonna take some pictures when its sunny outside to get the full effect of those wheels

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
LOL guys it doesn't matter how long you have been a member. Everyones opinion counts here. I learn more from some people that have only been a member for 1 day sometimes than I would have ever learned had I not created this site. I am a dummy when it comes to mechanical stuff so I learn from you guys.
M4ck

·
Registered
791 Posts
QWIKWHIP said:
TitanHauler said:
QWIKWHIP said:
TitanHauler said:
QWIKWHIP said:
Actually our trucks have a positive 25 offset, so those Rockers with a negative 25 offset will stick way out. :) Make sure they sell you the right stuff, it can be very agravating making all the decisions than when they get here find out they won't fit. :(
I just got the word from MB Wheels directly and they said it is a 25mm POSITIVE offset so essentially almost a 5" backspace. It will not stick out anymore than the factory wheels. Hopefully that is the official word. Now the bad news. According to MB Wheels the "Gunner 6" will not be available for another 6 to 8 weeks! They are made overseas and the shipping times are not very accurate as well as the unknown time to clear Customs, etc. The only good news in that information is that he beleives that both Chrome and Anthracite finishes will be in that shipment. I don't know if I can wait though . . . This sucks. I wish they would keep these wheels to themselves if they don't have them available. Decisions, Decisions.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
m4ck said:
Kytitan you stole my post. Exactly the words I was going to use. LOL
Its absolutely killing me.
M4ck
8O Oh no I'm so so sorry please don't ban me. I've already been in trouble once this week with Bill for getting off topic. :( I can't afford any more trouble. :cry:

btw Is there any way we can get some new emoticons these are kind of getting stale :?:

Oh crap I'm off topic agian, nooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 - 20 of 38 Posts