Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for mini lifted Titans running 35s. I am wanting to go with them, but not sure on the look. I am really in a debate between 295-70-17s and 315-70-17s. I love the Cooper SSTs (what i run now in the 285), but they don't make a 305-70-17 (which I understand would be the perfect size with my 2" front 1"rear mini lift)... so I need to see from a style viewpoint if the 295 or the 315s look better on the stock 17s. I have already learned that I can run the 315s with the pinch weld mod, and really have no issues so that is not my concern.

Please so me pics...thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good man...any rubbing issues with the 12.50s? I think they are a little wider than a 315/70. I think they are like 11.80s or something like that. How did you put 3" in the front? I thought that would cause issues?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I didn't personally do it, I took it to leer truck accessories to get it installed. but as far as the uca contact goes I really havent had any issues but once when I had my atv, cooler, chairs, air tank, and gear in the back and went over some bumps a lil to fast but no real concerns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im not sure. Mine didnt rub at all under any circumstances, but I did have coil bucket contact. Thats why it didnt stay on very long. If you want a leveling spacer to be permanent, I suggest getting Upper Control Arms. If not, you will probably be upset with the suspension performance. Here is a pic of the damage done by my 2" spacer lift in the two months i had it. Its on the coil bucket lip just above the P in Comp.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
pro4 what size tires rubbede, 35s or 295s? what are in the pics, 295s? So for your final lift did you change to Upper Control Arms and remove the spacers? So if I understand correctly, you have to remove tne stock control arms and install an aftermarket set that provide 2" lift? I also have a pro4x (2010) and want to put either 305s or 325s on. So should I plan on control arms?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Anyone have any photos of a 2wd with a 2" front/1" rear?

·
Registered
4 Posts
We hav e 04 4wd that we plan on running the 35 12.50 mud grapplers on factor 18s. with the pinch weld mod. can i run those with the 2.5 leveling kit. without changing the upper control arms.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have an 05 4wd with the 2.5 leveling spacer and am currently running 325-65-18s, thats a 33-12.5 on my factory wheels. I havent had any rubbing of any kind and wish I had went with the 325-70-18, thats the 35" tire. I have more than enough room for them. I did order upper control arms to provide more clearance to the spring cup. I still need to get some 1" blocks for the rear to level it back out though.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
pro4 what size tires rubbede, 35s or 295s? what are in the pics, 295s? So for your final lift did you change to Upper Control Arms and remove the spacers? So if I understand correctly, you have to remove tne stock control arms and install an aftermarket set that provide 2" lift? I also have a pro4x (2010) and want to put either 305s or 325s on. So should I plan on control arms?
According to Greg @ PRG the Pro 4x can handle only 1.5" lift up front unless you get UCA. I just bought a mini lift from him 1.5" spacers up front and 1.5" blocks for the back (I like the stock rake) to clear 295/70/18 (34.3" x 11.6"). Didn't need the lift to clear them, but it looks a lot better. Those tires are too beefy for our fenders without a little lift.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wish I was more help for ya. I havent delt with and pro 4x versions as of now. Although I have thought about buying one. I didnt realize there was that much difference in the way the suspension was set up on the pro 4 compared to my 05 4wd off road.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I am looking for mini lifted Titans running 35s. I am wanting to go with them, but not sure on the look. I am really in a debate between 295-70-17s and 315-70-17s. I love the Cooper SSTs (what i run now in the 285), but they don't make a 305-70-17 (which I understand would be the perfect size with my 2" front 1"rear mini lift)... so I need to see from a style viewpoint if the 295 or the 315s look better on the stock 17s. I have already learned that I can run the 315s with the pinch weld mod, and really have no issues so that is not my concern.

Please so me pics...thanks.
The way Greg told me is that it's not just the Pro-4x that is different up front but all 08 and later 4x4. Don't know to what extent but just sharing what I have heard

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well its kind of a mini lift..a mini lift kit anyway. I have a 3 inch leveling kit and a 3 inch body lift. I'm running 35/12.50/18 Nitto Mud Grapplers. Hope this helps:thumbsup-big:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts