Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:
I am a new member and have had my Titan for about a month now. It is a Canteen Green CC SE with a Leer top. I traded a 02 Ford F250 CC with a 4" lift and 35s for it since I felt that the Titan would get better gas mileage and be more family friendly, since my wife recently had our first child. Overall, I think the Titan is a good truck but I have had some problems...but I think they will be corrected this week. Many folks have posted comments regarding gas mileage, which I am concerned about as well. My 02 lifted Ford was a V10 and got 9mph in the city and 11.5mpg on the highway--which was pretty decent for a lifted truck with 35s and 10 cylinders; BUT my Titan has had a few tankfuls put through her (over 1000 miles) and in the city I am getting less than 7mpg in the city and 12 on the highway. I am hoping that it gets better over time. Other than that the power window switch is bad, dash rattles, engine knocks, and the radio fades, I am glad that the dealership recognizes the problems and they have TSBs on all the probs. The dealership is even going to give me a free tank of gas for my troubles. My truck was made in May so most of the issues are just first year bugs and I opted for the 6 year 72K bumper to bumper warranty so I think I am safe. The only downside is that I live in rural NV so I have to drive 239 miles to the nearest dealership.

I am glad that this forum has developed because it will help all titan owners communicate about potential probs to look for and also to check out cool mods.

Take Care All...
The V

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Welcome V Ya tryin to sneak in in the middle of the night?
My gas milage sucks too, but I have a heavy foot!! Hope they get your truck fixed. Should be gettin a loaner too.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Welcome, V. Once you get your truck back, you'll be happier. Can't help you on the mileage, though. I'm only getting around 12-13.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Glad you joined us V thats a long drive to make to get warranty work done. Hopefully you will be lucky though.
M4ck

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
V said:
I am glad that this forum has developed because it will help all titan owners communicate about potential probs to look for and also to check out cool mods.
Exactly! Welcome, V! hope all turns out good for ya!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts