Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few buddies and myself went out to Dallas Raceway just to get a few times. This was the first time in over a year that i have run the truck on a track and since then, i have added headers and the transgo shift kit. My best time of the night was a 14.1 @ 97! In the timeslip posted below, im in the right lane and my buddy in a '09 G37 is in the left lane. What do yall think?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
A few buddies and myself went out to Dallas Raceway just to get a few times. This was the first time in over a year that i have run the truck on a track and since then, i have added headers and the transgo shift kit. My best time of the night was a 14.1 @ 97! In the timeslip posted below, im in the right lane and my buddy in a '09 G37 is in the left lane. What do yall think?
Wow, great ET and MPH. If you can get your 60' down to 2.0ish, your ET would be about 13.7ish. Not bad for a handheld tuner, congrats. Make sure you post this over at TT.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Awesome ET, what I love is that you smoked the G37 lol...I was able to get a 1.89 and 1.92 60' with OEM tires. If you could do that, like Sudden said, you would be deep in the 13's. Thats a very good MPH, get that 60' down and run 13's!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome ET, what I love is that you smoked the G37 lol...I was able to get a 1.89 and 1.92 60' with OEM tires. If you could do that, like Sudden said, you would be deep in the 13's. Thats a very good MPH, get that 60' down and run 13's!
Thanks guys! Lol my friend in the G37 couldnt launch on his first few runs, but after he turned traction control off and got his launch down, he ran a 13.8.

And hopefully after i get a truetrac, i will be able to drop my 60' down to under 2 seconds like you and suddenurge said and FINALLY run 13's!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Thanks guys! Lol my friend in the G37 couldnt launch on his first few runs, but after he turned traction control off and got his launch down, he ran a 13.8.

And hopefully after i get a truetrac, i will be able to drop my 60' down to under 2 seconds like you and suddenurge said and FINALLY run 13's!
I don't have Trutrac, and my best 60' time was a 2.09 on stock Goodyears. Track prep is very important, and on average you should be able to pull a 2.1-2.15 with lots of practice. A 2.10 would have given you a 13.9 run.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have Trutrac, and my best 60' time was a 2.09 on stock Goodyears. Track prep is very important, and on average you should be able to pull a 2.1-2.15 with lots of practice. A 2.10 would have given you a 13.9 run.
Man i dont know how you can launch so good on the goodyears and stock diff. The best 60' ive ever run was a 2.16.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
i am so so so so jealous :p just for the fact you dont have TT and running my avarage ET congrats man :)

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Man i dont know how you can launch so good on the goodyears and stock diff. The best 60' ive ever run was a 2.16.
Practice practice practice, and you need excellent track prep. I have about 75 track runs. I just found one of my old slips that had a 2.07 60'.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am so so so so jealous :p just for the fact you dont have TT and running my avarage ET congrats man :)
Haha thanks man! After i ran it, i thought "Man im almost as fast as christenayuca!" lol

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Haha thanks man! After i ran it, i thought "Man im almost as fast as christenayuca!" lol
I better step my game up then :(

Again, props bro :thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Dang, I just noticed you have Flowmaster mufflers and Pacesetter LT's? Thats good for those mods man! Arent the pacesetter's the headers with the 3" collector? Or was that powerflow?

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
that mph is great as theres some more in her.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Dang, I just noticed you have Flowmaster mufflers and Pacesetter LT's? Thats good for those mods man! Arent the pacesetter's the headers with the 3" collector? Or was that powerflow?
I asked Chris a while back and he said powerflow 3", the peacesetter LT's are a pretty fair price to :)

·
Registered
3,382 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Big props to you man....! That's a damn good time right there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The pacesetters also have the 3" collector, but i never noticed any loss in torque, or atleast minimal loss. And i ran with the cutouts open to bypass the flowmasters. LOL everybody was staring when i did my burnout. :D

Big props to you man....! That's a damn good time right there.
Thanks man! Now i just gotta cut a couple tenths more and i'll finally be into the 13's

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Nice run!!! I need to trap a little higher speed. I'm running consistent 96's with an occasional 97. You think the cutup helped your trap speed?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice run!!! I need to trap a little higher speed. I'm running consistent 96's with an occasional 97. You think the cutup helped your trap speed?
It feels like i have more top end with the cutouts open and KINGMADE said he gained 1.5 mph in the 1/4 with the cutouts.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
Nice runs!!!!

Yes, get the 60' time's in the 2.0-1.9 range and 13's will be easy.

You have the QTP electric cut out's? If so, try them closed for 2-3 seconds after you launch then open them up and see if this helps your 60' times.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice runs!!!!

Yes, get the 60' time's in the 2.0-1.9 range and 13's will be easy.

You have the QTP electric cut out's? If so, try them closed for 2-3 seconds after you launch then open them up and see if this helps your 60' times.
I'll try it but i dont think that would make much of a difference. The best 60' i ran before the cutouts was a 2.16 and the best i ran the other day with the cutouts open was a 2.19. I really just need a trutrac.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts