Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo-hoo! The Titan has new shoes!

It was a agonizing decision. I had orig. counted out the Zeons because of the agressive tread, but on the reccomendation of members here I reconsidered. Good thing!

Picked up a set yesterday for a smokin' price at Discount Tire! They orig listed for $221 per, but they matched Pep Boys "Buy 3 Get 1 Free" offer. Plus I had a discount coupon on Cooper tires. When it was all said and done, $820 out the door including road hazzard and all the goodies from Discount Tire. (Comes to about $155 per tire!)

Inital impressions are very good! Low road noise with only a bit of rumble. Steering is a little more sensitive, but feel is good!

And they look good! :)

Thanks everyone!!

-Lab

·
Registered
756 Posts
Looks good...what size did you end up with?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WO0T! Thanks for your support Lab!
Thank YOU and to the guys at the store in Arvada (64th & Simms).

(I don't think he was too thrilled at lowering the price that far, but they did, and matched Pep Boys deal! (Better road hazzard warranty too!)

-Lab

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
that's great, coopers were one of my top choices when i was picking tires. they look good.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks good Lab, I was seriously considering these before I won the Nitto Terra Grapplers off Facebook. Congrats look good on your truck man!! How do they ride? Pretty quiet? I get a little roar out of my Terras at around 55 to 60.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Free tires... wowza!

I have noticed a little more roar at speed, but with that much tread compared to the stock SR-A, I expected as much. The truck steering feels more "connected" with no wander. You move the wheel, the truck moves!
They do feel a bit heavier, I think I'm going to up the pressure to 44 pounds and see how it feels. (Discount put the pressure at 40. Max is 50 I think)

How are yours?

-Lab

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
my exhaust hides any roar they may produce. lol. but they stick to the road like glue. even in the rain. i'm happy with the terra grapplers. i was wanting to know how guys liked the zeons on the T. keep us informed of any changes or standouts with those.

·
Registered
320 Posts
How are yours?
Well when I got them put on I had the installer put 50 PSI in them as the max allowed by the sidewall indicated 80 PSI. They rode okay, but the bumps were a little harsh. And the truck seemed to follow any grooves in the road and tended to sway some, so after asking several folks on the forums and asking Nitto what pressure to run, I dropped them to 45 PSI. Ride still didn't feel right. So I aired them on down to 40 PSI. Ride is good now, feels like the whole tread pattern is hitting the road and steering is way better. This is my first endeavour with 10 ply tires, I've always have regular ole P-metric tires, so I guess there is a learning curve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts