Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finalized the deal on this new pocket gun. Will make a very nice "carry" piece I think.
It is a Kel Tec P3AT

·
Registered
507 Posts
Nice addition to you collection.

Nice addition to you collection. I have quite a collection as well. I have a firearms business and if you ever have any questions shoot me a line. I cary a H & K USP .45 compact off duty. My duty gun is a S & W Sigma .40. I hate it!!!! :evil: The department is looking to switch to Glock or Sig. Either is better than what we have now, but I would like to get a Sig.
Do you have any long guns? I do a lot of long range shooting. (100 - 600 yards) I hunt a lot, so I find myself going to the range to sight in all the time. I also have to certify every year with my deprtment on Mini 14, Uzzi, Rem 870, and 37 mm "thumper". I have to certify 2 times a year on the S & W .40. It's nice to get paid to shoot.
Let me know how that Kel Tec works out for you.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I have no long guns. I don't hunt, but just may pick one up for long range paper shooting and I can call it an extra SHTF gun to the wife! :D My site needs updated, as I have gotten a few more guns that are not on there, but here is a link to see most of what I have. Go to photo section, click on thumbnails to enlarge.

http://home.comcast.net/~bandb16/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Taurus PT-22 (a Berretta copy) for my carry piece. It's a potent little thing. My safety short gun is a Ruger P97 DC. That's one comfy .45 caliber.

A stainless Mini 30 and a Remington 870 round out the arsonal right now. I'm looking for a good M-14/M1A1, and will probably get another 10/22 soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good to see other folks with arms here. I have currently a Springfield 1911 .45, an S&W .357, and the old standby Remington 870 pump. Am looking to add a Ruger .44 (redhawk) and a Marlin .45-70(guide gun) sometime in the near future. Would also love to add an AK-47, and a Ruger single shot in .458 Lott. At any rate I really enjoy shooting and hunting...just wish I had more time to do both.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
28 Posts
How do you like your XD-9?? My springfield is the second auto pistol I've owned. The first being a G20 glock. I rather like my .45 I'd like to get it tuned up and add tritium sights. Beyond that it is fairly well perfect for me. Does anyone here have experience with big revolvers?? Thinking .475 Linebaugh etc?? My old super redhawk was enough for me. Curious if anyone here has had an oppt. to shoot any of the really big revolvers?
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sr2 said:
How do you like your XD-9?? My springfield is the second auto pistol I've owned. The first being a G20 glock. I rather like my .45 I'd like to get it tuned up and add tritium sights. Beyond that it is fairly well perfect for me. Does anyone here have experience with big revolvers?? Thinking .475 Linebaugh etc?? My old super redhawk was enough for me. Curious if anyone here has had an oppt. to shoot any of the really big revolvers?
Regards,
Sam
Sam - What do you want the .475 for?? Hunting?? That’s a sh*t load of revolver. Plus ammo may not be that easy to find. I don't keep it in stock. I own a firearms business and would be happy to help you out with any questions if I can.

I have shot the .480 Ruger and the .500 S & W. They are a handful!!!! Fun to shoot if you have the $$$.

Personally, I have about 8 handguns + my duty weapon and about 15 long guns. The largest/only revolver I own is a .357 mag. Only because I don't do any hunting with handgun and my wife is scared to shoot anything bigger. I work a lot of nights so she keeps it by the bed and likes it because it’s easy to shoot.

I also have the Springfield 1911A1 "Loaded". Springfield makes GREAT guns. I love it!!! :D I use to carry it CCDW, but since have switched to the H & K USP .45 Compact. I installed Trijicon night sites and I love it as well. Still a little big even though it's a "compact", but I'm 6'4" 270 lbs so I hide it well.

If I can be of any assistance feel free to PM me.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
picked up a Springfield XD-9 last year

I have the Tactical (5") XD 40, and LOVE it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't really want a .475 Linebaugh, I was more curious to know if anyone here has experience with big revolvers such as a .475 Linebaugh etc. I used to have a .44 Super Redhawk(7.5 in bbl)and I enjoyed shooting that gun. Am thinking I'd go back to that gun and shoot Garrett custom loads out of it. I like to camp, backpack, hunt, etc. Sometimes I want a little more gun than my .45 or .357 provides. Personally I worry more about two legged weirdos in the woods than I do four legged weirdos. And the .45 and .357 are great defense loads against two legged's. However I don't have complete confidence in a .45 or .357 when it comes to lions or bears that are motivated. If anyone here has had the oppt to be up close to large game animals you'll know what I mean about not being confident in a .45 or .357...but then again that is why people carry rifles.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Sr2 said:
Regards,
Sam

Love it. Very balanced

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all,

It's nice to so many citizens taking advantage of their rights. I am still a student finishing up college with a major in microbiology. I really can't yet afford a Titan, but I wouldn't be here if I wasn't a fan right? School first, then toys. Thats not to say I don't have a few toys. I have a Ruger P91DC. It's nice and was a gift from my wife, but a little large to conceal easily. No worries though, with winter around the corner that's seldom a problem, especially here in Utah.

Dont forget,
Defend the second

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Welcome aboard man any fan of the Titan is welcome here. By the time you get a Titan the bugs should all be worked out. Hope you hang around we are really starting to have some fun here. We are only a couple weeks old but things are running smooth. Anyway like I said glad to have you aboard.
M4ck

·
Registered
507 Posts
defendthesecond said:
It's nice to so many citizens taking advantage of their rights.

Dont forget,
Defend the second
If we don't, they (the "Dems") will be sure to take more from us. (The Gore's have already tried to take your 1st away back in the 80's!!!!!)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree that we should all exercise our rights as provided by the Constitution. Having said that since the "assault weapon" legislation has expired...thank God that the congress didn't see fit to re-new that legislation. I am going to go and buy my self some legal hi-cap magazines (at lower cost), and perhaps one of those mean, ugly, AK-47's. I had an SKS and what a POS that thing was. And perhaps an FN-FAL would be fun as well. But what I really want is a very nice Springfield M1 just like the Carlos Hathcock sniper rifle that is up on the Springfield site. I love that rifle.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey k9mrussel,

Thanks for the reply. I was actually hoping to hear from you. I understand you're a police officer and I think what you do is great. It's funny, people never seem to like cops until they need one. It is reassuring to hear that you seem to be in favor of people's rights to own firearms. It has been sad to see so many police chiefs, albeit of very liberal cities, coming out against the right to own certain, if not all weapons.

Dont forget,
Defendthesecond

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice pistol BiXLL, I need one of those for a back-up. K9, yes you would love the Sig,that is my service pistol i carry :) I carry it off duty as well. I also still love my glock 17 for "plinking". Now that the ban is gone, I plan on looking for another toy, maybe an ar15 or mini 14 since I only have one rifle in my collection. :(

·
Registered
507 Posts
Defendthesecond,

Most law enforcement officers I know support the 2nd amendment. Law enforcement can only protect you when present. I don't know of any city in this country that assigns each citizen its own police officer!!! The majority of the time, the crime has already been committed when the police are called. I am a firm believer in ones right to defend themselves. I don't care if you use a gun or brick to defend yourself.

These police chiefs and officers who don't support the 2nd would be quick to change their point of view if they ever changed professions or lost their "take home" weapon!!!! 8O

I am also sick of these states that think they need more gun laws, but don’t enforce/prosecute the laws they already have on the books. More laws aren’t the answer. Put the crack heads with the guns away and don’t cut deals with them!!!!!!! Just my opinion!

DeesT,

Just spent ALL week on the range testing different side arms. We have looked at Sig, Glock, Smith, HK, and Springfield. I think we have narrowed down to 2. Sig 226 and Glock 22. I REALLY like the Sig, but the head honcho likes the Glock. You do the math!!! :( Oh well, the Glock is better than what we carry now.

I couldn't get the boss on board with the HK. He just about had a stroke when he saw the price. Hey, all I can do is try!!!! :D

Ps
"It's better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6!"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts