Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my '04 Crew Cab Titan SE 4x4 on 1/13/05. I bought the truck at West Hills Nissan and got it for a killer price. It's Silver w/ popular cloth captian, big tow and off-road packages. I've already installed the Nissan step rails and rubber mats. My Lund bug guard, K&N air filter and Tornado air (www.tornadoair.com) arrives tomorrow.

Has anyone else installed a Tornado to imporve gas mileage? If so, any thoughts so far?

Also, does anyone know what the differences between the standard stereo and the rockford fosgate system...number of speakers and wattage?

I found this website by searching for "Nissan Titan reviews" on google.com

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Hey PPo872 glad you found us here. I don't think any of us have used the Tornado yet. It has been discussed. I don't think too many people believe in it but I dont like to put anything down or tell others they don't work unless I know for sure. I would like to know what you find from using it in your Titan. Hey anything is worth a try. Who knows it may actually give you some better mpg. If so I would definately buy one. Even if it was only 1mpg average better. That could add up after a while. Keep us posted.
M4ck

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
pp08782, Welcome.

Haven't tried the tornado yet. Would like to see if it works, though. Be sure to keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Welcome pp08782!! I too am from the "Pittsburgh area"! Glad to see more from around here coming on. Don't forget to visit the "regions" area thread and tell us a little more about yourself, and keep an eye open for any get togethers we may have.

So far as the Tornado, I am going to tactfully say I don't and won't have one. Here is a thread that they have been discussed before.

http://www.clubtitan.org/postlite669-tornado.html

I will also let someone more informed answer your stereo question, as I have the middle stereo, not the RF.

Hope to see a lot of you, post often!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey...2 Dude! Glad you're here. :D You can find answers by digging or doing a search....as far as the Tornado goes, I've always heard they make a nice paper weight! Don't know for a fact, though. :wink: Welcome...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome pp08782, I used one in my 97 hyundia it still let air in and it ran good not any improvement, it was given to me so I was out the time it took to install it. :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well guys, I decided against the $64.99 Tornado and returned it to Pepboys. I thought the Tornado actually spun to create suction but it has no moving parts.

Thanks for the advice. I really didn't feel like ending up with another paper weight on my desk.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Oh man, I was hoping you would install it and then see if it made any improvements. Oh well, probably a good choice but I still would like to get my hands on one and then check it out on a dyno. Who knows, every little horsey helps... :twisted: :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
JetTech said:
Oh man, I was hoping you would install it and then see if it made any improvements. Oh well, probably a good choice but I still would like to get my hands on one and then check it out on a dyno. Who knows, every little horsey helps... :twisted: :lol:
"My name is JetTech, and I am an info addict......"
Infomaniac, wonder if thats a word? Thats ok buddy, we still love ya!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts