Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched everywhere, and no one can answer a seemingly easy question. What intakes will fit the 05 Titan? I didn't think anything changed between 04 and 05, but no one can give a straight answer. I'd love to order the Volant intake for my truck, but I'm not sure that it will fit. Please Help,

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
I would think the intakes are the same on the 05's but I can't tell you that for a fact. Post a pic of your intake and I'll look at it, it should be the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed one on my 05 today. Fit's great!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am currently leaning towards the Volant but I have a question... Is the Ram Tube required if not does it make a difference?

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
No it's not required and I hear there is some worry about picking up debris with it. I think I have heard JetTech or someone mention this. But it's def. not required.

·
Registered
205 Posts
thanks, that will save me a $100!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Just make sure to cap off the lower inlet of the airbox where the ram air tube would go. I'm not sure if Volant is sending out caps these days or not, but if they're not a spray paint can top works perfect to block it off. If you don't block it off you'll be sucking hot air right off the exhaust manifolds.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
JetTech said:
Just make sure to cap off the lower inlet of the airbox where the ram air tube would go. I'm not sure if Volant is sending out caps these days or not, but if they're not a spray paint can top works perfect to block it off. If you don't block it off you'll be sucking hot air right off the exhaust manifolds.
Do you have to add something to form a gasket around the paint cap and the hole?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
QShip said:
JetTech said:
Do you have to add something to form a gasket around the paint cap and the hole?
I just put a bead of high temp silicone around the cap and sealed it in. It fit tight in the opening to begin with but I didn't want to take any chances of it getting loose as things heat up and cool down.

·
Registered
621 Posts
JetTech said:
QShip said:
JetTech said:
I just put a bead of high temp silicone around the cap and sealed it in. It fit tight in the opening to begin with but I didn't want to take any chances of it getting loose as things heat up and cool down.
JT, you're full of all kinds of good information...Thanks for the tip. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts