Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member and bought a used '05 King Cab 4x4 yesterday with 29,000 miles. Rides, runs, and drives great.
Hope I made a good buy. I drive 20K a year and would like to see 150K before I need to start looking for a new one. My first Nissan product by the way.

·
Registered
675 Posts
welcome to CT. You will love your truck

·
Registered
353 Posts
welcome to CT

·
Registered
350 Posts
:thumbsup-big: welcome to CT! you wont b disappointed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to CT. Im just up hwy 52 in Winston Salem.You will love the truck i bought a 2008 CC 4x2 about 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The worst part is I am already looking at the leveling kits. I'd like to find 3" in the front and an inch or so in the rear.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
To go up 3" in the front you'll need to do more than a leveling kit. Aftermarket adjustable coilovers or a bracket lift would do it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jim, Thanks for the info, I might just start with the 2.5" kit and see how that works or wait for my struts to start going South. Why aren't you running Amsoil in your trans? I checked on line and it is rated for the "J". I didn't do much researh, do we need to put any additives in the diffs'.?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Over the past few years there have been many, many threads about what we can use in our transmissions. Nissan Matic J is spec'd by Nissan and there have been grave warnings that if it isn't used then you risk losing your warranty. For most of us we aren't willing to risk that, but the closer I get to being out of warranty I'll reconsider that. Do not put any additives in the differentials or engine. No need for that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:) good find. mines an 04 with 197000. i got al evelling kit about a year into having it and it looks amazing. it wont let you down. welcome to CT.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts