Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Titan Lovers! I am new to the site, I have viewed it a few times in the past trying to get Horsepower ideas and such but my first time joining.
I have my 2nd Titan, '06 LE 4WD, currently stock with some outside mods, ie, tires, wheels, grill, bull bar, window tint, heavy chrome pkg. Now I am ready to get inside and do the engine. I am not concerned with increasing fuel mileage, I just want the extra horses. I looked into the Stillen Supercharger, but at 6K minimum, I backed out.
Hope to hear from any/all of ya'll soon!

Copperhead!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hey Titan Lovers! I am new to the site, I have viewed it a few times in the past trying to get Horsepower ideas and such but my first time joining.
I have my 2nd Titan, '06 LE 4WD, currently stock with some outside mods, ie, tires, wheels, grill, bull bar, window tint, heavy chrome pkg. Now I am ready to get inside and do the engine. I am not concerned with increasing fuel mileage, I just want the extra horses. I looked into the Stillen Supercharger, but at 6K minimum, I backed out.
Hope to hear from any/all of ya'll soon!

Copperhead!

Welcome to the club !! Any pics?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Good long tube headers, Wolf cams and a UpRev tune will give better performance than the SC, and cost less!

·
Registered
675 Posts
^^^ like scr said good pair of headers, Wolf cams and custom UpRev tune will really wake these trucks up. Then add true track to keep the rearend strong and have fun. If your into racing it there is some more you can do as well

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good long tube headers, Wolf cams and a UpRev tune will give better performance than the SC, and cost less!
I've not heard of Wolf Cams, but will look into it. The Stillen SC website quotes 130hp added if used with the long tube headers and the pre-loaded auto tune that comes with the SC.? Is it possible to get those types of results from "just" headers, cams and uprev tune? You have really got me curious now!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please tell me more. ARe these cams amatuer friendly, or would they have to be fitted in? What about springs and valves, do they have to be changed as well? Where is a good source of info for a quick start and maybe some one stop shopping?, I can't do without the vehicle very long at a time for upgrades. I live in Eastern Oklahoma, and if my research is correct, Tulsa maybe the nearest UpRev shop around...Do you buy the UpRev or have it done by someone else??

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No pics yet...been having bad weather since I signed up on the forum, but will get some soon as this crazy weather cooperates and lets me get some good pics.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Welcome to Club Titan. Your internals are fine and you only need upgraded springs if you are going to raise your rev limiter (experts correct me if I am wrong here). UpRev is the only tuner for our trucks. The cams are drop in's. You may also want to look in to a Transgo shift kit (upgrade your valve body), Detroit Truetrac LSD, Tranny oil cooler, and a few other little things that will help your truck handle the added stress of cams and headers. Our trannys are a bit sensitive. The boosted members will agree... LOL

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks 8ball, I appreciate it. What I have is an every-day driver that I want the maximum HP/MPH out of and still have that reliablity I have come to trust in the Titan. Cams, springs (will definitely up the rev limiters), throttle body spacer, cold air induction, uprev tune, long tube headers, cat back exhaust, and I thought of removing the fan blade and installing electric fans, 150° Thermostat (with auto switch to fans) have kind of been my current plans. Now I will be including the transmisson mods you mentioned, and can you think of anything else?, short of the super_charger that I have deemed not worth the money based on replys on this forum and from experienced users.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts