1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordering:

1) Challenger Steps
2) Access K-Cover
3) Full PowderCoated Black BrushGuard
4) 2-3 sets of 2 (4-6 lights) Hella 500 series or KC Daylighters 150watts (probably Hella).
5) 1 set of Hella 2500 Opti (Angel Eye/Fogs) for stock location. Due to the fact the factory fogs are only 37 watts, which is useless.

6) Trenz style grill and lower valence
7) Dash Kit
8) Replacement VALENTINE 1 for the one that was stolen.

Can't wait!! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Talk about turning night to day!!! Should be nice! What do you know about the Hella Angel Eye replacements for the OEM foglights? I would like to upgrade these and haven't found a good option yet. I really like the angel eyes on the BMW's.

Before you commit to the Hellas, you really should give the Lightforce -Australian lights a little thought. They have a great track record with those Aussie truck trains and some Baja 1000 wins!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Re: New list of mods being ordered in the next 2 weeks! $2k

Titan_TX said:
Ordering:

1) Challenger Steps
2) Access K-Cover
4) 2-3 sets of 2 (4-6 lights) Hella 500 series or KC Daylighters 150watts (probably Hella).
5) 1 set of Hella 2500 Opti (Angel Eye/Fogs) for stock location. Due to the fact the factory fogs are only 37 watts, which is useless.

7) Dash Kit

Look into the Hella Rallye 4000 lights, I've had the 500's and wasn't very happy with them at all. I now have 4 of the 4000's on the front of my truck(2 driving, 2 fog) and I literally have a football field sized area of daylight in front of me with them all one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

NateL said:
Titan_TX said:
Ordering:

1) Challenger Steps
2) Access K-Cover

7) Dash Kit

Look into the Hella Rallye 4000 lights, I've had the 500's and wasn't very happy with them at all. I now have 4 of the 4000's on the front of my truck(2 driving, 2 fog) and I literally have a football field sized area of daylight in front of me with them all one.
Yea but the 4000 series are 600 bucks each. No thanks. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yucaton_tom said:
Talk about turning night to day!!! Should be nice! What do you know about the Hella Angel Eye replacements for the OEM foglights? I would like to upgrade these and haven't found a good option yet. I really like the angel eyes on the BMW's.

Before you commit to the Hellas, you really should give the Lightforce -Australian lights a little thought. They have a great track record with those Aussie truck trains and some Baja 1000 wins!
Well, I will see if I can find info on lightforce. But the Hella Angels seem to be a big mod for the Nissan family since they fit in the factory holes nearly perfect. But you won't be able to really use your factory wiring unless you have a staulk already for the factory ones. Supposely Nissan doesn't sell that seperate.

·
Registered
870 Posts

Titan_TX said:
NateL said:
Titan_TX said:
Ordering:

1) Challenger Steps
2) Access K-Cover

7) Dash Kit

Look into the Hella Rallye 4000 lights, I've had the 500's and wasn't very happy with them at all. I now have 4 of the 4000's on the front of my truck(2 driving, 2 fog) and I literally have a football field sized area of daylight in front of me with them all on.
Yea but the 4000 series are 600 bucks each. No thanks. :)
600 bucks? You must be looking at the HID 4000, I picked up mine for about 90 a piece 4 or 5 years ago.

http://www.autoanything.com/product...d=1336&se=hella_lights_rallye_4000_metal_lamp

The Euro lights have a built in low watt parking lamp

·
Registered
153 Posts
Titan_Tx----------There are numerouos people that rewired their fog lights into their parking lights. You may be able to pick one up from someone on this site.......Hell I may be interested in picking up some extra $$ for a tb spacer!!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
All that and no power mods... :( :wink:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
damn, cant wait to see it when its done 8)

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Access K-cover???? Ya talkin bout the bed cover?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes Bed Cover.

Update! :)

The Brushguard is installed. I need to align it since I have about a 3 finger gap on the right and 2 on the left from the bumper. It was dark and hard to tell when I installed it. So loosen it up and adjust and tighten again.

The Brushguard is made by Aries. Got it for 299 off ebay, no shipping because the local warehouse is here! It looks DAMN good!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just mounted the lights today, still need to mount lights in the factory holes. Will do all the wiring later when it decides to be nicer weather.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Wow, you certainly will have no problem seeing at night now... :lol: You may want to add a performance mod or two to help with the HUGE drain your alternator is going to put on the engine... :lol: J/K, it looks great. I would really like to do something like this myself but I wouldn't be able to shut my garage door. I only have 1/2" of clearance between my rear bumper and the garage door, and that's with the front bumper up against the wall... 8O

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JetTech said:
Wow, you certainly will have no problem seeing at night now... :lol: You may want to add a performance mod or two to help with the HUGE drain your alternator is going to put on the engine... :lol: J/K, it looks great. I would really like to do something like this myself but I wouldn't be able to shut my garage door. I only have 1/2" of clearance between my rear bumper and the garage door, and that's with the front bumper up against the wall... 8O
Due to the fact we have a table being stained on that side of the garage, I have yet to test mine again. I only had 6 inches to spare at the most. So now its gonna be extremly tight.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
No problem at all. Now you get to do an add on for the garage. Gotta love improvement projects. One seems to lead to another.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't know how you plan on switching these lights, but a great device that fellow bike riders have been using is the autoswitch - www.autoswitch.com.

Let us know how you take care of the wiring and switching - I will be doing something similar using the Lightforce lights.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts