Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I got a 05 4x4 crew cab Titan recently. I’m a ASE master tech @ Honda & have to say this truck is a nice over all… But mechanically a HUGE disappointment!!!! I have had nothing but problems with this truck so far. All the things that are failing @40K is blowing my mind! My biggest concern is the 4wd. I understand why the 4wd is disabled whenever a abs related dtc is set. I had two wheel speed sensors go bad & it snowed when my parts were on order. Driving a lifted 4x4 with big tires & having no 4wd is total BS! Has any one came up with anything to engage the 4wd in the event of some type of abs related failure? I just washed my truck & now the abs light is on. So what happens if I’m off road or in the snow & my truck turns in to a worthless 2wd because of a abs related dtc? I don’t want to reinvent the wheel if there is something people have come up with. But if not, I want to come up with a fail safe. I want to drive this thing & feel confident.

·
Registered
69 Posts
New here and im subscribing to this. Lmk what you come up with.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It's unfortunate you are having troubles, but, when buying used you have no idea what may have happened before you got it.

I was unaware that a bad ABS code disables the 4wd? Maybe others here will chime in.

FWIW, my two Titans, '04 SE and '08 LE have been the best mechanically sound vehicles I have ever owned. Even my parents are impressed and all they drive are 'Benz!

Best of luck!

-Lab

1 - 3 of 3 Posts