Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody ,just joined glad to be with you,i'm from South Jersey purchased the titan in June I love it.Been a nissan person for a long time, traded in my frontier for the titan. I have a king cab le .
I upgraded the sound system kenwood ddx7015 working on sub box and cleaning up the install.Didn't do the exhaust yet but it's coming it's a must have. :D

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Welcome Tony! Spunds like you got a plan! Join in the conversations, and keep us posted as to your progress.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Welocme Tony. Don't be shy. Share your thoughts and experinces.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Welcome to the Club Tony. You will enjoy it here. Lots of info and help.
M4ck

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hello club members. I am new to the string. Just purchased an '05 Titan 4x4 SE CC. SE Popular Package, Captain's Chair, Big Tow Pkg., Bed x-tender, 4-wheel limited Slip, and more. Am pleased as hell with it and they "rated" it 305HP. Feels more like 350+HP. So much for being a former Ford F-150 owner!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
**** a lot of people feel the same way. The Titan has been on the dyno several times in these forums and always puts more power out than the Hemi's that are supposed to be 345 hp. I believe they purposely underated the Titan but dont know the reason. Perhaps insurance or something who knows for sure. I do enjoy driving a truck that acts like a sports car though.
Enjoy yourself here.
M4ck

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks M4ck. My future mods are, of course, already in my head at this time. The dealer offered to put on a Borla Dual Exhaust system for under $1000. He said he would throw in a cold-air intake if I went for the deal. Is this too much? Will have him cut off the resonator. Paid $28660 before
taxes out the door for the rig.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I dont know many with the Borla. We have quite a few happy with the Flowmaster and Gibson cat back systems. They can be had for about $400 to $450 and the Volant intake is about $250. If the Borla is what you want and its worth the extra $350 to you to have them install it then it would be ok. I personally would do these myself and save the money. Money is too hard to come by for me to give it away like that.
Check the Performance Mods section and learn more. We have lots of How To articles in the Do it yourself Tech Tips section. http://www.clubtitan.org/forum14.html these will help you decide.
M4ck

·
Registered
753 Posts
:) That is way too much even with CAI (Cold Air Intake). Maybe a Gibson dual is in store. How much HP can be gained with resonator removed, dual exhausts, and Cold Air Intake, consevatively?

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
It would be best for you to look through the dyno numbers in the performance section but here is what one member came up with.
I coppied his post for you.

Finnattic said:
I made it to the dyno finally, before the Volant with the Gibson Extreme was 271.29 rwhp and 316.93 torque.

With the addition of the Volant I got a best of 279.70 rwhp and 339.01 torque. That's 8.41 more HP and 22.8 more torque. The engine was already pretty hot during these runs. Pretty much jumped right on dyno after I arrived. I had to travel on highway about 30 miles. Temp today was a little warmer than last time at 73 degrees with very low humidity at 15%. I'll post sheet as soon as I get my scanner working.

With 20% drive line loss were looking at a best of about 350 bhp and 425 torque. That's 45 more horses and 46 more torque w/ intake and exhaust.

I can't wait for a tuner programmer.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks TonyT. Amongst such great things are true TITANS!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts