Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I live up here in the Hudson Valley, 70 miles north of the big city. I'm almost 56 and teach Art/Photography to high school kids. Additionally, I'm a photographer myself. I love big trucks. Presently have a Ford F-150 Lariat that I'm not too happy with. My Galaxy Black Crew CabTitan LE is due to arrive in two weeks. Can't wait. Been waiting since the beginning of Dec. I ordered it to get exactly what I wanted. Without ordering, I would have had to get a DVD system, a navagation system, or satellite radio, all of which I didn't want. This kept the price down too. Got the dealer to sell it for $137 over invoice. And there is a rebate for $1000 on presently, should end up paying $867 below invoice for an 05! Don't let them talk you into what you don't want. You can get it for your price. Just price it on the internet first and then get quotes from competitors. They ended up matching a dealer 50 miles away who would deliver it to me! Anyway, this Titan promises to be the best vehicle that I have ever owned. It comes with so much standard. Hey, how's the Rockford Fosgate system? I think it will probably blow me away? Too bad I don't have the truck today. We are due for a blizzard.

Russ

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Welcome mfaphoto, and congrats on your new truck! I bet you can't wait for it to get to you! The wait will be worth it, I still get that fuzzy feeling, pretty much every time I drive mine!

A high school teacher......I bet you have a lot of Patience!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Welcome aboard hope you enjoy your Titan when you get it. There have been some issues though with the Rockford system. If you do a search you will see they have a TSB I know for the 04's dont know if the 05's have any of these same issues. Hopefully someone will be able to tell us.
M4ck

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome...photo-guy! I'm almost 24 at 54. Sounds like a good deal, Russ. The stereo is good, not "earth shaking" by today's standards, but I like it...:wink:

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
mfaphoto, You have my greatest respect for teaching our children. You aren't paid well enough, that's for sure. Hope your student body is okay to work with. No way could I deal with hormonal teenagers every day. My one daughter at that stage is enough. You'll love your TITAN. In case it wasn't obvious, we all do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah, I have patience. I have to! It is a prerequesite for teaching. Never can lose your cool and believe me, teenagers can push your buttons. That said, there are some really great ones. Don't give up on the younger generation. In many ways they are just like we were, but there are more stresses on them than there were on us. Besides that, everyone seems to want to require more academically from them. I'm glad I'm not a high school student today. I had it easier.
My Titan is going to be a Galaxy Black, 4X4, Crew Cab, LE. I opted for the stability control and side curtain airbags. They are supposed to improve safety quite a lot in the event that the undesired happens. In fact, my wife decided she wanted the Titan for that reason. It provided more safety than any other large vehicle for the price. She is really not a truck person but likes to ride in safe vehicles. Who was I to argue? I wanted the Titan all along.
I especially like the space in the back seat area when the seats are folded up. No other Crew Cab has that amount of space. Will make traveling a lot easier. Milage does not bother me. I'm used to milage that's poor. Gas is the least of the expenses of owning a quality vehicle. And, if you can't afford the gas, don't get a truck.
At some point after I get the truck, I'm going to get some cool graphics for the sides as it's pretty plain. Nothing too loud, Will also get a hard tonneau cover painted to match, fender flares, window opening rain deflectors or whatever you call them, and some other minor stuff.
Presently have a tow package and off road package on my F-150 Lariat. The Titan will tow all I need without the BigTow Package and I don't need the off road package although I'm getting the 4X4 package. Would not want to scratch it on anything!
Had some difficulty choosing the color. Was considering white, alert red, and black. Decided white looked too much like a Sears Van, Alert Red was a bit loud and it is a flat red. Wished it was a metallic red. Would that be nice! Ended up with black because of the cool look of black vehicles and the fact that the black is metallic. The chrome will contrast well with it. Graphics will also look nice on it.
Well, that's it. Thanks for the welcome. Will see you soon on the boards.

Russ

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Welcome, mfaphoto! Just spent the weekend up in Long Island/Islip for work. Didn't have the bad weather, YET! LOL

Enjoy the site and get some pics up when you get your TITAN!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts