Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Titan about three weeks ago and have been loving it. I found this site a few days ago. I traded my slightly modified 03 Cobra Mustang in on the truck. My friends think I was crazy but I just felt like a change and every thing I read about the Titan said it was the best. I tried to give the F150 but it was just too slow. The Titan's performance really reminds me of the 93 Lightning I had years ago. Coming out of a 500HP daily driver has been a big adjustment but this truck is like a Lincoln Town car compared to my Mustang. I must be getting old.

Maybe not, I'm anxiously waiting for the supercharger kits to come out. :D

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Welcome aboard. I live in Greenville nice to have another from the Palmetto state. Keep coming back.
M4ck

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Welcome, DHO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys!

firecracker said:
Welcome, DHO! Question: is that your cobra in the avatar? I'd LOVE to see some more of that!
Yea, I took that right after I installed the stack injection. It's about 550HP/600LB.Ft. 460 with a Tremec TKO 5-speed. It's still under construction and is currently in Greensboro,NC getting painted. There are some pictures of the build here: http://www.bananamotorsports.com/ on the left where it says "Danny's FFR Cobra" He hasn't updated it in a while.

Dan

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Traded in a Cobra??? Ouch~~~~to me anyway!! That's what I'm gettin when I get my Titan paid off. But by then, they'll have the new body style, so don't know which one :? SVT is supposed to be makin this one BAD AZZ!!! 04??? 07???

Welcome to the Club!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was actually planning on trading the 03 Cobra for an 05 GT. The new design is such a better car. I figured, I have the FFR if I want to go fast and I also have a 89 LX 5.0 convertible, so I got the truck. Man I need to get rid of some cars. :D

I can't wait to see the next Cobra. It's supposed to be an 07 to be released in late 06 and they are supposed to show a prototype in a couple months at one of the big auto shows.

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
I drove an 05 GT a couple of days ago and it doesn't even compare to handling of your 03 Cobra not to mention the ex hp yours had. But it sure looks sweet. Can't wait to see the Cobra!!!
You've got a lotta cool stuff!!!! I'm jealous :oops:

Deb

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
baja220 said:
I drove an 05 GT a couple of days ago and it doesn't even compare to handling of your 03 Cobra not to mention the ex hp yours had. But it sure looks sweet. Can't wait to see the Cobra!!!
You've got a lotta cool stuff!!!! I'm jealous :oops:

Deb
Thanks

I test drove the 05 a few months ago when I ordered it and I'd have to disagree with you on the handling. My 03 had a lot more power but you couldn't put it down due to the crappy IRS. The steering feel/response was much better than the 03. The new car is just better in every way and has huge potential. I fit the 05 better because of the extra leg room(I'm 6'6") I plan on selling my old Bronco and maybe the 89 LX 5.0 so I can pay off the Titan this summer. I can use the Titan as a tow vehicle for the FFR and get an 07 Cobra when they come out.

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Your right, they have a lot of potential. There's almost too much leg room for me (only5'4" on a good day)
Sounds like you a good plan down. I'm just addin dollars with my payment to try to pay off a little quicker. Those 07 are gonna be out before I get my Titan paid off :cry:

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
DHO said:
I can't wait to see the next Cobra. It's supposed to be an 07 to be released in late 06 and they are supposed to show a prototype in a couple months at one of the big auto shows.
Shoot me a pm with your email. I've got some pictures for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
firecracker said:
DHO said:
Shoot me a pm with your email. I've got some pictures for you.
PM sent. Here's a better picture of my Cobra before it got sent to the painter...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts