Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fontana, CA here. Just bought an 05 Titan last month. Had an 04 Dakota with the 4.7 (speedy truck) for about six months, before my poor wife got sideswiped on the freeway. Went staight into the center median and totalled the truck. Wife and baby (she's pregnant) are both fine, luckily.

So.....like any normal husband would do, I went truck shopping!!! Decided to upgrade to a full size and also get 4X4. Was major impressed with the Ford and the way the local dealership (Citrus in Ontario) treated me. In fact, I sorta prefer the look of the Ford over the Titan. What turned me to the Nissan was the lack of side and rollover airbags in the Ford, and the lack of power. I know you've all heard this before but it sure feels like WAY more than a 5 hp difference. I'd guess it must be about 32 or so at the rear wheel.

Initially, I wanted a Galaxy Black, CC 4X4, LE with side airbags and offroad. Dealers around here didn't have exactly that package, so I expanded my search. Didn't take long after I laid eyes on a sharp looking red one at Empire Nissan in Ontario.

Wound up with a Red Alert, 05, CC, 4X4 LE with:
Sunroof
DVD
Navigation
Side Airbags
Offroad
Big tow
chromed stock rims (exhange program at dealership)
bed extender

It has everything but Satellite radio, which I might add. (Can't stand commercials on the radio and am willing to pay to not hear them.)

In any event, I'm really liking this site. Lot's of good information and attitudes to match.

Am beginning to look into some mods. Just bought a Volant CAI and am considering a chromed bull bar and exhaust. Also considering a leveling kit or a suspension lift. Really want to maintain some rake, but also want bigger tires, which means truck has to go up.

I'll be lurking around trying to educate myself, so you'll hear from me from time to time.

Regards,

John

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome and sounds like a nice truck!

Also, since your Socal...keep an eye out for a post from me in the not too distant future...My Z club is having a show in Temecula and its going to be all-Nissan. We had 7 Titans out there last year and hoping to get many more this year.

Chris

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Well, John, Thanks for all the nice comments about the site....it's the members that make it what it is!

Welcome to the Club. Sounds like you've got a SWEETT Titan, too! get some pictures up in the gallery, also!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Welcome to the Club,
man we sure are getting a lot of SoCal guys. Lots of you guys buying Titans lately. Tell me how many do you think you see a day. I still only see maybe 1 or 2 in a 2 week span where I live.
M4ck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question M4ck. How many Titans do I see? I ride a motorcycle to work 95%+ of the time. It's a long commute through heavy traffic (90 miles round trip) so I pass one heck of a lot of trucks. Dodge seems to be the most prevalant, followed by Ford, then Chevy/GMC.

I probably see one Titan for every 10-20 Dodge's or Ford's. Was just thinking about this yesterday and only saw one on the commute home. It was an 04, LE in Canteen Green. Saw it near the 10 and 15 freeways, with a lady behind the wheel.

Regards,

John

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome John,sounds like you got yourself a sweet truck,everyone here is super super nice and helpful!!It's the best Nissan Titan site going by far!!!!!

Gregg :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
m4ck said:
...man we sure are getting a lot of SoCal guys...
That's because of the ClubTitan.org sticker on my back window. :lol: At least that's what I'd like to think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, you guys got me thinking about the ratios of Titans to other full size pickups here in Socal. So, today on the way to work, I counted the ones I saw on the road. Weird, yes, but it's a long commute and you've got to do something. Here's what I saw on my 45 mile commute down the 15 to the 91, then to the 55 to the 405:

Chevy/GMC - 56
Ford - 45
Dodge - 16
Titan's - 3

Mind you, I only counted full size pickups, excluding SUV's.

Way different that what I expected. I thought there would be more Dodge's. I guess I was just mentally discounting the Chevy's due to the fact I think they're outdated and ugly.

In any event, I think it's interesting.

Regards,

John

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
JohnHarden said:
...my 45 mile commute down the 15 to the 91, then to the 55 to the 405...
At least your on a motorcycle most of the time for that (except when it rains I would guess). For those that don't know, although it is only 45 miles, that commute is nightmare.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very true. That commute can definitely be a nightmare. Even when it rains, I usually still take the bike so I can cut traffic and take the carpool lane. Took the truck last Friday and got stuck in the SigAlert on the 15N coming home. Took 1.5 hours to travel the 20 miles up the 15 from the 91. What a feakin' mess.

In the past month I've owned the truck, I've driven it into the office three times. That's probably much more often than I'll ever drive it in, in the future. Just way too much hassle on the freeways.

Drove home tonight and made the 45 mile trip in less than 45 minutes coming from Irvine.

Ain't motorcycles great???!!!!!!

Regards,

John
:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts