Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2014 Titan Pro4X at auction. I think the previous owner had a Bully Dog in it because I see the OBD2 adaptor plug under the dash.

My question is if I get a new Bully Dog GT tuner would it be able to recognize if a Bully Dog was used in the truck as well as recognize the previous Bully Dog settings?
If not then is there a way to scan(any method) the truck and see what tuner(if any) was used?

·
Premium Member
2006 Nissan Armada SE 4WD
6 Posts
Does the plug end have what looks like an HDMI plug? I guess OBD to HDMI or whatever?

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I'd say it did have a Bully Dog GT since I don't believe there was an Edge or SCT tuner for the gas titan :unsure:

I'm not sure if you could plug in another Bull Dog GT as they VIN lock, what you could do however is have the ECU reflashed and then you could use another tuner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd say it did have a Bully Dog GT since I don't believe there was an Edge or SCT tuner for the gas titan :unsure:

I'm not sure if you could plug in another Bull Dog GT as they VIN lock, what you could do however is have the ECU reflashed and then you could use another tuner.
Thanks much for the reply. How would I go about getting the ECU reflashed?

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Not a problem, happy to lend my $.02 if I can help in anyway.
You can have a dealership perform it and it will update it to the newest version at the same time which could fix any potential issues they've encountered since release.
Or, the sometimes more expensive route I believe, purchase one online from an aftermarket place and have them program it to your Vin.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts