Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I replaced the blower motor and the resistor on my 2004 Titan because the motor was making a constant clicking sound. After I replaced both parts my HVAC system was working great. Today I took it into the dealership for the ECM relay recall and the aux fan from a while back. They replaced my aux fan and motor because it was bad and not even working and replaced the ECM relay. Tonight me and the wife got out to run to some places and I turned on the heater because it was cold. Now when we turn the temp control knob to either hot or cold it makes a creaking sound and if you turn it to the cold side you will get a clicking sound from the farthest left side behind the dash. The position control knob is also making noise now also, kinda like a motor that's straining. The system wasn't doing this yesterday or this morning before I took the truck in. My question is, could have replacing the ECM relay had any kind of affect on or done anything to my HVAC system or do you think it's just 6 year old parts failing?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The ECU Relay is only an On-Off Switch for power to the ECU. It will not directly have any effect on the HVAC System. Recheck your Resistor Connections and Values if known. HVAC may be controlled through the BCM, not directly from Switch to Resistor.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
If you know someone with Uprev Cipher/Osirus they can hook up to your system and control some of the electronics, thus bypassing your control knob. That would at least rule out that it is/isn't the control knob itself.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Check out this thread (especially the end - there's a summary of symptoms and a vid I shot) and see if it doesn't sound like what you're experiencing.

From your description of creaking when you adjust the temp hot/cold, I'd guess you're air mix motor actuator is starting to go. Or, the little white lever attached to is that adjusts the blend door is worn. Soon, it'll be stuck on either hot or cold no matter where the temp knob is. Part was $20-some for me to fix. Getting to is was a royal pain.

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56497&page=2

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skeeter, can you just remove the very top part of the dash and if so how hard is it to remove? I need to replace that any ways because it's scrathed up. This looks pretty time consuming so I might stick a loud exhaust system on so I don't hear it until I get the time (when schools out).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts