Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The upper and lower grills are Street Scenes brushed aluminum. I originally wanted stainless, but they do not yet offer for the Titan. When I called Street Scene, they said it would depend on demand for Titan product as to when/if the stainless version would be marketed. The Alum was hard enough to cut and bend the stainless would have required more than some tin snips and pliers. I wired the KC lights thru a switch in the lower kick panel (see photo). The switch only "arms" the lights so that they come on when the high beams are on. I thought this best since to do otherwise would have meant constantly having to use the rocker switch and risk blinding someone oncoming. These lights are incredibly bright. I attached a wiring diagram I made up when planning the mods. I also did the tailgate lock actuator and aux backup lights at the same time as this mod. The backup lights are wired thru a three way illuminated switch mounted in the center cluster. The switch allows me to turn them on when not in reverse (wired to ACC fuse) for hooking up trailers etc. All of the fuses and relays are located in the factory relay box next to the battery. These projects took me around 40 hours to install, approx 110’ of wiring and 50’ of split loom but I really like the results. Next mod, front end lift kit. I have wiring diagrams for all that I did if anyone is interested.[/img]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Boone can you get a larger picture. Loses detail cause image is small. I would love to see what that grill looks like but bigger.
if you can thanks
M4ck

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a straight on shot much closer. Prior to a cleaning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Exactly what I wanted to see. Thanks for posting.
M4ck

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
That LOOKS GOOD, Boone. I'd seen your preliminary pics on TT. Came out GREAT!

So, what'd ya charge to do just the lower of my truck? :D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
wow that looks awesome! how powerful are those lights?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The light are 6" KC HiLites slimlite part no. 123. The lights are driving light pattern and 100 Watts each. These things are super bright and really have a nice white appearance. Right now I have them aimed down about 15' in front of the truck. I plan to adjust the lights up a little to say 20'~30' in front of the truck. Even now with them aiming down they seem to project light way down the road.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Its a great look too. I really like the way you have customized your Titan man. You have great taste. In my opinion at least.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
im sure its almost like artificial sunlight 8) . now to realy blind pepole you could get some of those high intensity bulbs of ebay :lol: looks awesome though

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Nice job, man! Very unique look. You got enough candle power there to go wheelin on the dark side of the moon! 8)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That looks great! That's one of the grill's I'm looking at. What do you think about the quality and fitment? How do they attach? (sorry for all the questions) I actually like the Grillcraft's smaller mesh a little bit better but I am having a hard time with the $300 price tag! I might just go with Street Scene's one instead for over $100 less. :) It looks much better after seeing a few times now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The quality is pretty good. I like the way the Street Scenes grill looked because it projects forward of the factory grill. At the top of the main grill, the SS grill is actually forward of the chrome surround. The grills are attached with what amounts to spring clips with barbs that bite into the plastic and the aluminum grill. The aluminum is of decent thickness but I would have prefered stainless which is much more rigid and likely more tolerant of the enviroment (salt rocks etc..). Maybe in a year or two SS will come out with a stainless one also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts