Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Sweet man Sweet You are going to make me have to buy nos.
All I need is something else to buy.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
man love to see those times just keep fallen 8) keep up the good drivin :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
The first run had a better reaction time but longer 1/4 time. Is that from head wind or track conditions?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Head, you are so close to goin under that 13.7 mark. better reaction time and you could smoke that, mabye even 13.5 range 8O 8O

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reaction times aren't factored in to the timeslip. On that particular run the tires chirped just a bit on the launch so that may have been the difference. If the wind wouldn't have been blowing I'm sure it would have run a 13.6. I got my fan controller in finally. It's going to be towards the end of the month before I can get those on. I want to build a bracket for them so I don't have to run those plastic strips through the radiator fins to mount it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is why I can't wait to get mine. Come on tax rebate.

·
Registered
71 Posts
the_head ...

Did you install your Volant with or without the Hyperflow intake tube ?

:D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Without. We get a lot of rain here and at times, it dumps 3 or more inches in an hour so you more or less drive through some water every once and a while. I just don't like the idea of sucking water up because I wouldn't think about it until after the fact.

I also have put tow hooks on my ride so I'd have to sell those off. But I sure like the way they look.

Once the electric fans go in, I might have more room to run a not-so-squished-and-bent pipe. If that is the case, I'll run a dryer hose or PVC pipe to get like a 3" or bigger hose for it. For use at the track, only.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Head, are you going to try the TB spacer that JT tested with screen off? i wonder if the low end power that he gained from it would translate to a better qt mile time? you would be the best person to test this out because you could also test it with the nos on :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually I would consider removing the screen only. I'm not a big fan of the throttle body spacers since the plenum area is usually where the most gains on a fuel injected manifold are made (unless the throttle body is too small).

What I'm thinking, and I could be way off, is that the ridges on the tb spacer act like some of those tornado things to increase mileage. The tornado becomes a restriction for power, but under light airflow conditions they seem to work for a lot of people (as far as mpg). I wouldn't use one myself, but some "snake oil" things do work for certain vehicles. The tb spacer doesn't really create a restriction in the system per se, so I don't think they really do much for power but I can see the ridges maybe doing something to help with mileage. I plan on removing my tb and looking at the screen and further inside the intake to see what the innards look like before I just pop it out.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
let us know how removing the screen works out for you, like better times or anything :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts