Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'05 LE Crew 4WD Smoke - Big Tow / some bed accessories

D.O.B. on my new boy -last Sunday, 2/27. Beaverton (Oregon) Nissan...great to deal with, see Greg. Enough of the cheap (but true) plugs.
I've got 3 dirt bikes, 2 kids, and needed more space. Traded in a '03 Dakota Quad 4WD w/ a 4.7L.
TrueFlow intake, 3" exhaust, Superchip and I got REALLY tired of trying to get it out of it's own way
(ran allright from 3K up)
So with The Titan, I've got more space, more EFFORTLESS power, design, fit and finish beyond any of the Big 3 (and shrinking) domestics, and right up with the Tundra, which I found myself falling asleep while looking at. So yeah, I all jacked up and then it only gets better when i find this site.
I bought a Retrax yesterday, and found an EXCELLENT review on installation of that product by 'Mike', I replied to him 'Thanks', but after sending it, an 'error' msg. came up. Mike, if you're out there, THANK YOU.

QUESTIONS;
1) 1thing that I got a tough time with is the chrome grille. My dog runs scared silly when he sees me coming! Seriously, anybody know of any graphite grille replacements (not inserts)...paint won't stick on chrome (even etched...plastic or metal)
I gotta tone it down, I'll get mirror backs from an XE.

2) As much as I love this ride out of the showroom (the interior is just 'PUSS') there is never enough horsepower. But it's got to be SAFE and EFFECTIVE H.P. increase. Suggestions anyone?

Pumped about this site, boys. Hope to hear back from 'TEAM TITAN'.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Welcome - Always nice to see new members here. To answer your questions: Give it time to see if the chrome grill will grow on you, it has for me. Otherwise, You can post a thread in the buy/sell forum here to see if someone with an XE wants to trade their smoke colored grill for your chrome grill. As for mods, check out the dynos posted in the performance mods forum. You'll see a variety of mod setups and the HP/torque numbers they are producing. As for the dog, let him drive the Titan and he'll fall in love with it. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Welcome to the Club.
From what I can tell and I am sure JetTech will tell you as well as many others, a good Intake (Volant) and Cat Back exhaust system will give you about the best bang for the buck right now. From what I have read it seams that guys going with a single out exhaust are keeping their low end power and getting the better HP increases. Add the Intake with it and your set till a supercharger is a available. You would do well with a set up like Slurppie you can find his dyno numbers in the performance section I believe. I am sure there will be pleanty of other guys along that will help soon.
Enjoy the site and post often.
M4ck

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome to the club!!!!

Gregg

·
Registered
330 Posts
Glad to see another new member, and I would have to agree with the others, an aftermarket intake and exhaust will really help your HP/TQ gains.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome to the Club!

Remember, just browse around, lurk around, ask around and all your questions will be answered!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Welcome Billy. I think you will like it here.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome, Bill. I agree with you - the first thing I thought about was getting rid of my chrome. Haven't done it yet, but now you've got me thinking again...

As for more HP, intake & exhaust. I got the Gibson Dual Sport and I really love it. I opted to save a little cash and modify my airbox and put in a K & N filter. Plenty of power for me, but others say the CAI is better. Anyway, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
hey bill, iguess more pepole want to get rid of there chrome then i thought :D . welcome to the site and enjoy :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts