Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, new to the titan but not to Nissan, i've had owned a 08 sentra SER, and a 06 350z(my baby) i had to sell the the Z when i realized it didnt make since to look at it in the garage since i have a beautiful 7 month old girl that can't ride in it. so i grew up and sold it and bought an 05 Red Nissan Titan 4x4 off road pkg. i threw some liquid metal gatlin matte black 17x9 rims and called it a day. This was the closet i was going to get to trading in the sports car for a minivan. I'm very sad cause i never thought i would sell the Z i bought it new and i had put a lot of money and labor into that car. I learned a lot from the Z. i do have some minor plans for the Titan and i love this truck (it helps take the pain away) I cant wait to learn more about another one of Nissan's beasts...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Welcome to the club. With a couple of mods, your "T" will perform like your "Z". Good choice of truck. What plans do you have for mods?

A few cheap mods to get started with include:

- Axle vent mod
- 2 degree advance
- K&N drop in performance filter (for stock air box)
- 4 inch ram air mod
- Burn-out mod
- Tru-cool LPD tranny cooler
- Helper springs
- Catch can

Mods you may want to consider due to known issues:

- Truetrac LSD or ARB Air Locker
- 2008 Titan brake upgrade (you'll need spacers too)
- IPDM (do a search for the cheaper fix, just in case your fails)
- TSB on gas tank issues such as inaccurate readings (nissan techs will install upgrade in tank). They did this to mine so I won't run out of fuel on the highway

There are a few others to really look out for, but I forgot. Other members will chime in and help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i want to do the PRG leveling kit and then put some nice 305/65/r17 mts, but that will be in about a year. I did notice my gas gauge went from 1/4 tank to E in like a 5 mile trip to my parents house, i filled it up and it only took 21 gallons? i thought the gauge might be messed up or its sensitive on hills? but i will give it a few weeks, i have an ext warranty.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
- Axle vent mod- looked into this, will for sure do
- 2 degree advance- looking into this, may get uprev tune though as i had that on the Z.
- K&N drop in performance filter (for stock air box)- is this and the ram air mod just as good as getting a air intake like AEM?
- 4 inch ram air mod
- Burn-out mod - will look into this
- Tru-cool LPD tranny cooler
- Helper springs
- Catch can- i assume this is an oil catch can, i have a cusco in the garage i took off the Z.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys, my buddy has an 08 tundra with the 5.7, which i would assume is faster than the titan cause he has a lot more hp. i wanted to know what i can do to keep up with him? i see a some u-tube videos where the titan beats the 5.7. i at least have the 4x4 and his is 2 wheel drive, but that might hurt me "ON" the road.
thanks guys
p.s i already have the s&b intake ordered, was going to do the ram air mod. thinking about the Bully Dog and would like the Magnaflow exhaust but the wife doesn't want the truck loud so not sure if i can do exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.