Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

1st of all I'd like to thank everyone for answering the questions I'll be asking because it is appreciated.

I bought a 08 LE thats fully loaded. Simple question, What is the newest/best version of Nav that I can upgrade to and is it worth it?

Also, I'm looking at some beginner upgrades. Do you guys notice any difference in performance or gas mileage after installing a cool-air intake?

Thanks !!!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I can't speak about the NAV but if you're looking for that loud roar at full throttle, that's about all those intakes are good for...unless you do a lot more like exhaust and tuner. Your bet bang for the buck will be a tuner. They run about $350 and allow you to remove the WOT restrictions (depending on the year and model, you won't get full power with the gas petal floored until about 40 MPH...some are about 20 MPH).
I have the BullyDog tuner and there are 3 different tunes you can use the highest having to run on premium fuel. You'll add up to 26 HP but you can do your own 2 degree advance and change idle speeds and remove or change limiters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Is WOT restrictions set by the maunfacturer? A programmer will remove those so I'll have full power? Sorry for all the dumb questions I just don't know much about trucks. I've noticed restriction when I've floored it so I assumed it was something like that. I have aftermarket exhaust and it sounds already. I plan on throwing a programmer and intake on it asap. Any other mods I can do before I get really up in price? Thanks again for your help man.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Thanks for the info. Is WOT restrictions set by the maunfacturer? A programmer will remove those so I'll have full power? Sorry for all the dumb questions I just don't know much about trucks. I've noticed restriction when I've floored it so I assumed it was something like that. I have aftermarket exhaust and it sounds already. I plan on throwing a programmer and intake on it asap. Any other mods I can do before I get really up in price? Thanks again for your help man.
Yes. The WOT restriction is factory programmed in the ECU and these programmers can get rid of them. After removing it, a quick stomp on the go petal will light up the azz end. I don't do it unless I'm trying to get a jump off the line and then I use 4HI. These tires aren't cheap!

·
Registered
612 Posts
No wonder there are so many complaints about broken rears.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome! I am an '08 LE owner myself! Gotta love these trucks!

-Lab

1 - 7 of 7 Posts