Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Welcome to CT David. Where ya from? Got any mod plans for the truck?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Welcome to The Club

Hello, my name is David. I own a 2008 Titan Crew Cab, long bed.
David,

Welcome aboard.

Where do you hail from?

If you're looking at mods, first off is the intake and exhaust.
Depending upon what your end goal would be drives what other mods you should do next.

Have fun here-lots to read and do.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im from Salt Lake City. so far all i have is the SLRMotorsports chip and after all the reviews i read about it and all the things people said about it i bought it to see if it was a joke. i went from getting about 200 miles for a half a tank to about 300 for a half tank. which i think is outstanding for a v8. Im saving up for a K&N Air Charger kit and im looking into the banks exhaust. i would also like to lift my truck and im looking in the Rough Country 6" suspension lift. since owning the truck i have also put Smittybilt nerf bars and rain shields on the windows

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
300 miles on a half tank!
Maybe your fuel level sensor is stuck!

·
Registered
675 Posts
welcome to CT

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i read the reviews on it and yeah none that i could find were good but for 70 bucks its kinda hard to turn down. so i bought it for a trial run and for sure it works it gave me power for that first inch or so of the pedal and honestly i was only getting about 200 miles for a half tank. i have ran the chip for about a month now and have gotten mixed results from 280-300 miles for a half tank of gas with only putting in 18 gallons at the pump. i have the 36 gallon tank so in all honesty it works.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Yeah, but in a long bed the miles per tank should be much higher as the tank holds 37 gallons instead of the short bed's 28 gallons.

David, if you get a chance, find someone local with Uprev and have them datalog your Titan to see if the chip is causing you to run lean.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome David, and as Jim said, have someone log your truck. It may be running your truck lean, which is asking for issues down the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts