Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site. I was looking for info on Titans and found this site. I'm considering buying one- 04, 05, or 06. Reading a few threads here I'm now doubting if I should get a Titan. Seems like these trucks have lots of problems with leaking axle seals, differentials, atf hose leaks, brakes, cracked manifolds and so on...I do like the looks and power on these trucks.

Seems like most of the Titan owners had these issues appear sooner or later. Or am I wrong and being too much paranoid?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I picked up a used 2006 18 months ago and have had no problems. I visit forums for my other vehicles and such and I've found you can think a product has problems because they are listed so much. I've had numerous trucks and the Titan is by far my favorite. Visit a forum for other trucks and you'll see pretty much the same types of posts.

Just my .02

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's the same story no matter what truck you buy. If you want the best truck for the money get a Titan. If you want to modify your truck more then exhaust, intake and programmer get a Chevy. We don't get enough after market love.

·
Registered
12 Posts
All I can say, is that I love my 2005 King Cab. Bought it almost a year ago and the only trouble I've had is a loose battery cable. Before I bought it I asked my son, who is a professional mechanic who works on all kinds of cars, if he'd seen any problem trends with the Titan, and he said no and that they'd never put an engine or transmission in one. That was a good enough recommendation to me especially since I just got through putting a transmission in my other car...:thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Love my 07!!!!!!!!!! Get it

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
You have to realize that on truck forums you read about problems people have. People do not post updates saying "still no problems". I have an 04 that I changes out the rear diff cover right after getting it new as well as changing over to synthetic oil and have had no rear end or seal issues. My Titan has been a solid truck, and I have never been sorry I got it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Mine is a hunk of junk. It has now sat in my driveway for nearly two years now. I love it for it's looks and performance, but mine unlike others has not been relieble.

But yes, any forum you go to other than a hobby forum is going to be about problems for the most part.

And sorry to break it to you..but what vehicle is perfect? Every single car an truck has issues. Some are in the first 50k miles. Others are in the latter 50k miles. Dodges weak point is their transmissions. Fords oil burners are their glow plugs. Mercedes is anything because you have to remove 10 different parts to get to the one.

Titan is a great truck. I have a ford that has never given any major problems in 21 years. At 323k miles on orig motor and body with just normal items to replace (brakes, sensors, alternator, belt) that's amazing. Other guys with 120k on theirs already need a new motor for eninge knock.

If you can go for the newest you can get. Mine was on the first delivery truck to the dealership.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
this person prob. got their doubts from reading all of your post Jarvis! lol. no really, i have an early month 04 and have had no real issues that i've haven't caused myself. my axle seals don't leak, but i do check them. i've hadn't heard of alot of manifolds cracking, a major issue with the early yrs is the IDPM. I'm knocking on wood there. if you want one, i'd go for a 07or 08. that's what i'm gonna aim for on my next T buy. unless you want a new one, which then most of the bugs have been worked out compared to the early models. and the only hose issue i've been noticing is the powersteering fluid hose.

·
Registered
334 Posts
04 the best

Go for it regular maintinance takes care of most issues,some of my repairs were self inflicked had I paid closer attention to my coolent level Icould have avoided the manifold replacment on so on after the work that I've done it's really almost better than new, do'nt be scared.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot fellas! And yes, I do reallize that going on forums and reading all the "bad" stuff happening is nature of the forums and everyone doesn't post every day of how good their truck is. So I guess I'll start looking for a T pretty soon :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
paperchaser

9900 for a t with 62000 seems like a good deal to me

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I don't think you will be disappointed, I have been very happy with mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Even with the issues I have had, it's by far my favorite & best all around truck I have owned. I'm rolling a '04 KC 4x4, BT, Off-Road. Almost 80k. Go for it. Good thing about these forums & doing your homework early, you know what to look for as well as prevent some of the issues! Happy trails!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just do it...you wont regret it...besides you can come here for advice if theres any problems you come up with. Its just one bada$$ truck anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Even with the issues I have had, it's by far my favorite & best all around truck I have owned. I'm rolling a '04 KC 4x4, BT, Off-Road. Almost 80k. Go for it. Good thing about these forums & doing your homework early, you know what to look for as well as prevent some of the issues! Happy trails!
agreed........

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have 1 more question....Did Nissan "fix" the common problems in their newer trucks, say 06, 07 compared to 04, 05? As common problems I mean radiator, brakes, leaking axle seals, differential, ipdm...

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I believe so so. i think the brake problem became a recall issue. stop me if i'm wrong guys. and i haven't heard of too many people with an 07 complaining about the rest of those issues. except maybe the ipdm. but there has already been easy fixes found on this forum. much effort has been placed into good DIY's for many Titan issues. like the spare relay for example. or axle vent mod for those seals.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site. I was looking for info on Titans and found this site. I'm considering buying one- 04, 05, or 06. Reading a few threads here I'm now doubting if I should get a Titan. Seems like these trucks have lots of problems with leaking axle seals, differentials, atf hose leaks, brakes, cracked manifolds and so on...I do like the looks and power on these trucks.

Seems like most of the Titan owners had these issues appear sooner or later. Or am I wrong and being too much paranoid?
If you go to a Ford site, or Dodge etc, you probably wouldn't want one of those either. Remember, "you get stung more the closer you get to the nest". Old saying but I think it gets the point across.
The newer the better. I had an 04 and it was excellent although Nissan did replace the rear end once. I now have an 08 and most all of the issues have been addressed. I love my truck so use this site as a reference to check out a truck before buying it but don't use it as a bible. Most here have had no real problems. Titan is a great truck but remember that ALL makes have their issues and the older and more mileage they have the more likely you are to have issues. Good luck.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Let me tell of you of my experience. I currently own 2 Titans. One is an 05 SE, w/Pop Pkg and heavy duty tow. The other is an 08, SE, Long Bed, w/Pop Pkg and Std Tow.

The 05 is used in what could be described as a commercial duty role. It is loaded and tows a double axle trailer every day. It currently has ~100K miles

The 08 is my private ride and has ~20K. It does no towing and hauls only on occasion. (When a buddy moves, and I can't get out of helping)

Problems:
05: The much publicized brake warp. Fixed under warranty, never to return. Sun damage to the clear coat above the windshield. Other than that, no problems at all

08: No problems at all, nil, nada, none. No squeaks, rattles, vibrations, no nuthin'
Neither has had rear end, engine or transmission problems. All of the windows go up and down, the AC in both unit does its job etc etc

The only thing I do is to make sure routine maintenance is done on or before scheduled.

Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 22 Posts