Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I would like to say the site is great. I am glad I found this site. OK, so here is the problem. I have a Carriage Works Bumper Grill. I can't get the sleave in the front bumper out. I have tried everything. I found 3 grommets in the top of the sleave which allows me to move the top in a little bit, but still can't get it loose. Please help.....

Here are some pic of my Titan and my CBR

http:\\home.comcast.net\~jodyroberts\Index.html

Please be kind, I only use the website to host pics.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is one pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
welcome to ClubTitan MrSilent!! I can't make heads nor tails of what your question is so maybe someone else knows what your asking about and can help you out. Cool looking grill by the way. I need one... :(

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, In the bumper where the liscense plate is attached there is a sleeve that is supposed to come out. If you look at yours you will see what I am talking about. The sleeve has a couple of crossbars in it for support.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
found the same thing on mine and i think the piece is part of the plastic bumper shell, but look real close to double check. i just left mine on and could install the grill with the upper grille removed

Attachments

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
It's been 8 months since I installed my grille but I do rember that thier is to plastic bolts on each side. The bolts are in the midle and have a metal nut on them. If you reach behind the bumper you should be able to fill them. I also think there are 2 more gromets in the bottom. If not grommets they are plastic tabs. Once you get the bolts on eather side loosened and the bottom two grommets or tabs pulled out you will have to push the bumper grille suround in then pull it out. This is not that easy to do and you will have to force it a little.

The directions that come with the cariage works grilles are not very good.

BTW you might want to check your upper grille the carriage works grille does or at least didn't fit right. The middle upper grille was at little to big causeing the factory grille to bow a little at the top. You will have to look right under your bug shield to see the bow. That is if your grille doesn't fit right.

Hope this helped

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet KY thanks for the info. I will try it tonight see if I can find the bottom grommets and get the grill installed. I can't wait to see how much better it will look.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I finally figured out that bolts in the bottom of the lower bumper shroud what a pain in the backside. It was well worth the effort I think it is a vast improvement. Once again thanks for the help everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Ky and Firecracker. I just wish I would have dried the bumper off first gotta love water spots LOL.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks good.

BTW, I wish Nissan would offer the color-keyed hardware on the SE's. I really like SMOKEDYA2's bumper. Thinking of painting mine dk gray to match the bedrails, etc. Don't really like all that chrome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts