Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have owned a first gen 03 frontier cc 4x4 for 5 years that I loved! with no problems or complaints just got to wanting more power and rear seat room so I was looking hard at the new 6spd frontiers which is what I thought I wanted. Never gave the Titan a whole lot of consideration because every window sticker I looked at read 42-47k! vs 25-29k and I figured fuel mileage was 10-13mpg. Upon going to my local dealer for some in bed hooks I was missing, I ran across this smoked used titan while scouting frontiers and I just had to look inside of it, and then I had to drive it. It was a 2009 LE 4x4 CC with every single extra they offer execpt sun roof and big tow. I was instantly sold on the wood grain, rocksford fosgate, rear sonar, 20'' wheels, console shifter, heated charcole leather, and the keyless remote opening already installed bed cover, and 2 flow masters running duel exhaust, the $5000 off sale was currently going on and I could have gotten a pretty much base brand new pro4x for what I paid for the 25k miles used super equiped LE. However I got a lifetime powertrain warranty on the truck in which the dealer is very hassle free about living up to not to mention a spotless perfect car fax with great records. The truck is absoutley perfect theres not a spot on it anywhere my only complaint is the salesmen telling me it had the towing package even though it was equiped with a hitch and the salesmen assured me it would pull the 9400# it wasnt untill after I purchased the titan that I crawled under it and found the 2.94 rear diff and realized they made two different ones. I believe this was a honest mistake and don't really affect me because I am very happy with 7200# rating I have nothing to pull but a sportbike and do believe I will benifet more from the 21mpg I have been getting on the interstate then the 19-19.5 from the big tow in which I would never use like some of you guys do.

Bottom line is my 5spd 3.3L bulletproof little truck got 16mpg both town and interstate driving and thats being very easy on it and this truck has twice the power and gets 16/21 mpg with a light foot. I cant believe it I am extremely happy with my purchase.

You guys think I made the right choice with the upgraded cream puff loaded LE over the base Pro 4x that had 0 miles?

I like the idea of skids and shocks but honestly I took my frontier in the mud once in 5 years of ownership and the shocks beating you to death for that one instance didn't justify it for me and I was all about the locking diff untill I found out you had to be locked in 4low and then it just didnt sound as great because if Im stuck in 4low somewhere I shouldnt be there anyways and I got 5-10 buddies with big redneck trucks a ring away :) As for the big tow the only time I can think I would haul much is maybe hauling my old Z to car shows and it only ways 3000# or so and thats less than 5000# with a hauler and thats maybe once a year if that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to CT I think you will be happy with your new Titan.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I think you made a great choice! Enjoy it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats...but don't expect the truck to get better than 16~ highway.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys...16 would not be dissapointing but I am consistantly seeing 19-20-21 on highway

·
Registered
894 Posts
I get 19mpg in my non-tow titan..those guys with no better than 16 have big-tow so don't let tthem get to you.

Anyway good job. It's a grea ttruck for the $$$

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I actually got 18 with my bigtow 4x2 on my last trip and that was at an average of 78 MPH with some quick stints to 85.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
welcome to clubtitan

·
Registered
675 Posts
welcome to CT sounds like you got a great truck and im sure you will be happy with it.I get 19 highway cruzing at 75. Enjoy the truck and there lots of info here and people are more than willing to help a member out so feel free to ask if you have Qs

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the Club!!!

I consistently get around 19 on the highway with my X2 Big Tow...of course the mountains kill that in a hurry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts