Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is old news to anyone but I've read and heard that the matic j is being superseded by matic s.. I've called about 3 nissan and 2 infiniti dealers in my area and none of them have heard about matic s. Does anyone know when it will be available for us? I wonder what the real difference is?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been with Infiniti for about 9 years now, I've never heard of a Matic-S. I would just stick with Matic-J, since that what it suppose to go in it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im surprised that no one has heard about it so i guess ill gladly provide some info to it. 1) If you look up your vehicle (mine is nissan titan 2006) on the amsoil website, it lists that matic s is recommended for tranny fluid and if matic s is not available, then use matic j. 2) If you go to infiniti.com, and click on ownership, click manuals & guides, click on the QX model and the year 2009, it says to use genuine nissan matic S aft, if matic s is not available then use matic j. 3) If you go to nissanusa.com, and look up the 2009 armada owners manual. It basically says the same thing, use matic s. Use matic j if s is not available.

I believe if there were a nissan titan 2009 owner's manual it would list it on there too but i have not seen a 2009 owners manual for the nissan titan yet.

Main reason im eager to get my hands on the matic s is because i'd want the newest ATF formulation for my baby =).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts