Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone name is Dustin. Bought a titan about 6months ago. and love it. Ill post pics soon. Cosmetics done-- bull bar, Nerf bars,running lights, tinted windows. led tail lights. Performance--flow master exhaust, air-aid throttle body spacer, and cold air intake. I got one minor question. Do i need to send my ecu out to get updated or do i get a chip. theres to much bs out there and i want to do it right. nice to meet you all and look forward to talking to everyone soon.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Welcome to CT!!! There are no good chips for the Titan, don't waste your money. Most guys are using either Uprev or Bullydog for tuning.

Sounds like you have a great truck, looking fwd to seeing pics.

I am moving your thread to performance section

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Welcome to the Club! It's a great place to learn about stuff and meet some nice people too.

Skip any ads for a "Chip" for the Titan. No such thing really, all ads for such on Ebay are true rip offs. All Tuning is done with a handheld device from Bullydog, Superchips, Hypertech. They are affordable and good for basic Intake/Exhaust upgrades or even a stock Titan.

Best or most custom solution, is from UpRev. They make a software program called Osiris. It is king of the hill in Titan performance. UpRev Osiris is only way to go if you add cams or headers. They include a diagnostic program called Cipher with the purchase.

What do you want to do?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Like TitanBlue said, if you are "not" going to add cams or headers, then you can look in to Bully Dog Power Pup Programmer (hand held), Cortex Superchips (hand held), Hypertech (hand held). Not too many members I know of have Hypertech, but I know the first two are popular. If you do plan to add many more mods to the motor such as headers and cams, I would say to purchase UpRev now and don't ever worry about anything else. UpRev is the only true tuner for our trucks. Good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
programmers

I had the Superchips Cortex and it certainly made a difference so I can vouch for it.

Then I got UpRev which is 3x the cost but the piece of mind that your engine is fairly safe from issues and that a custom tune does indeed wake up the truck is worth it.

Welcome to the Club!

Oh, and don't race Titanblue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for the feedback. i think i made my mind up. if i do go with the bully dog set up, is it a pretty easy set up. plug and play?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
from what i understand from a few guys i know yeah. its pretty simple. and welcome to the club. where in IN are you from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts