Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Nismo headers have arrived, security is gone along with the Marine contingent. They look great with the ceramic coating, even had him do my rear Harley wheel for me as well. If anyone needs powdercoating or ceramic coating done, let me know and I can hook you up with the guy, he is local so I can check up on stuff you too. Friend of mine I went to high school with some time ago. Here are the shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
wow!!!!!!!!! very nice bro

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Doug Thorley headers will perform just as well as the Nismos IMO.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doug Thorley headers will perform just as well as the Nismos IMO.
quite possible with the try -y they call it, previous debate has said collectors were too large for us, and the header is not an equal length tube header. That for one is a down side. I am not here to debate, just the things that make headers be a step above the rest, Doug Thorley headers do not have. Many folks have run the Nismo's and have had other headers as well, JBA's, Stillens, and they all say the Nismo's have performed the best. I cannot conclude either way, being I haven't had a set until now, and the only ones I can attest to later will be the Nismo's.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
quite possible with the try -y they call it, previous debate has said collectors were too large for us, and the header is not an equal length tube header. That for one is a down side. I am not here to debate, just the things that make headers be a step above the rest, Doug Thorley headers do not have. Many folks have run the Nismo's and have had other headers as well, JBA's, Stillens, and they all say the Nismo's have performed the best. I cannot conclude either way, being I haven't had a set until now, and the only ones I can attest to later will be the Nismo's.
Good rebuttal...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Where did you find the Nismo headers at?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you find the Nismo headers at?
Well Nismo stopped production a couple of years ago now I think, I found these by pure luck and chance on ebay. They came off a wrecked TItan in a San Diego salvage yard. Might call around and see if someone has a set in a salvage yard around where you are, or maybe their locator service can work for you too. I wouldn't stay just local though, there are a few out there I bet, just have to be lucky and diligent to find a set. Oh and you have to hope a few guys on here don't PUBLISH it. Another jab LOL.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
wow, what a thing of beauty! I was going to get a set of nismo's before I bought the doug thorley's but didn't feel like paying over $900 for one of the last brand new sets available.
just for the record also, the doug thorley's collector isn't to big, they have a 2.25" collector just like the nismo's and stillens. the pacesetters have a 3" collector which is to big

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
They are a work of art! I sure wish i would have got mine coated! Who knew they would be so hard to find a couple year's later! :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Looks good to me. Nice coating.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow, what a thing of beauty! I was going to get a set of nismo's before I bought the doug thorley's but didn't feel like paying over $900 for one of the last brand new sets available.
just for the record also, the doug thorley's collector isn't to big, they have a 2.25" collector just like the nismo's and stillens. the pacesetters have a 3" collector which is to big
I stand corrected, thanks for that. The DT's though are not equal length tubes, that is for sure, and that right there is a subtle benefit for headers, all the best performing have been equal length tubes. As for the Pacesetters, I wouldn't have them if I had room for a box car up my ***. I had a set of ceramic coated on a Ranger 4.0, they just coated over welding slag on the flanges and all. NO QA on those at all. Never could keep a set of gaskets in them either, the gaskets were really hard and brittle, put three sets on, went back to pacesetter, and complained, they said they would pro rate the set I had and wanted another 250 bucks for another set. Well, that didn't go over too good with me, told them they were junk from day 1 and the problems with them with slag and ceramic coating over the flange faces with it, they didn't care. Chalk that one up to experience, and will never own another of their products ever.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Awesome find!!!! Wrapped or coated is the way to go for sure!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.