Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the nismo exhaust an curious if anybody has put an x or h pipe into the set up an also wondering if you could do both?
Pros an cons? Thanks in advance on info

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just got the nismo exhaust an curious if anybody has put an x or h pipe into the set up an also wondering if you could do both?
Pros an cons? Thanks in advance on info
Congrats on the Nismo exhaust! It's a sweet set up and fits like a glove. As far as I know, Papa D is the only member to implement an X-pipe into the Nismo exhaust. He reported no noticeable gains in power but it did quite and change the tone of the exhaust. Both of which were his goals.

What do you hope to accomplish with the addition of an x-pipe? I'm going to assume you know what an x-pipe and H-pipe are designed to do, so I'll save the explanation. With the Nismo exhaust having unequal length pipe's it's tough since space is limited and the Titan wasn't designed to allow equal length tubing like a Vette. I'm planning to tone mine down by adding 2 resonators into the straight section before the twin mufflers. Then I may get a whole new front section fabricated up to incorporate an x-pipe to further reduce the sound level if needed. I hate to cut up such a beautiful exhaust but I need to do something. I love the sound, but after my recent header install it's a little LOUD! LOL :scheibe-big:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks an yea ibwas reading papa_d's one thread about the nismo exhaust.
As far as knowing exactly what either one does no I don't really know for sure because I've never had either explained to me?

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
The X-Pipe and H-Pipe do the same thing, helps merge the exhaust flow on a duel pipe system. You can run one of the other, but not both, if your going to spend the money on this go with the X-Pipe. I have ran both types on different trucks and like the X-Pipe better.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Papa D helped me plan my x-pipe install, and as others just said, the gain w/ a Titan exhaust is quality of exhaust note - not power. You just can't seem to get the x-pipe where it needs to be (right after the headers, see a true racing exhaust) for power gains.
That being said, the x-pipe makes a big difference in noise for a daily driver even when mounted a couple of feet aft. Unless you're half deaf, you'll appreciate the change in tone and the reduction in that machine gun-like rap you hear in other header exhausts that weren't planned well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts