Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to help a friend find some info about the remote start function on his 2021 Titan XD Pro 4X. They told him he doesn’t need a key fob for remote start because he can use the Nissan Connect app. He tried it but it does nothing. I told him I think they have to activate it at the dealer and his key fobs should also have the remote start button on it if I’m not mistaken. My 2017 doesn’t have Nissan Connect so I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealer should have set you up with the Nissan Connect. If not, he needs to contact them and get a subscription to Nissan Connect. Otherwise, he can use the key fob to turn his truck on. Just make sure to hit the lock door button first.

·
Super Moderator
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer should have set you up with the Nissan Connect. If not, he needs to contact them and get a subscription to Nissan Connect. Otherwise, he can use the key fob to turn his truck on. Just make sure to hit the lock door button first.
Key fob doesn't have remote start but he was told he could use the app to start it. 🤔 He's suppose to have a 6 month free trial so I told him to just call Nissan Connect and they will set it up for him. Looking at their site it's $8.99 a month to keep that feature.

·
Super Moderator
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like they gave him the wrong key fob. He should make them give him two with the remote start button or pay $8.99/month for the subscription indefinitely.
I honestly don't think he has remote start because I looked in the grille and don't see any wires plugged into the hood latch. I installed mine and it has to be plugged in and then you have to pay a dealer or locksmith to program the key fobs. Here where I live the locksmith charges the same as the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts