Nissan Titan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 2005 Nisan Titan 5.6 engine because i tok it in for the ecm recall and on the way home piston broke threw the bottom of the motor never had a problem till the recall always keept the maintance up now nissan says its my fault any info would be helpful contact me at 281-456-0388 names matt ty also i will probably never buy another nissan after when they have put me threw lost my job and got kicked out of college over this issue ty nissan.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
That sux, I had the recall done a few weeks ago and haven't had any problems, I can't see how a relay would cause a piston to go bad though.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
never heard of this. not sure that is possible really. maybe......and i do mean maybe. they took your T out for a spin and dogged it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ima call BS on this. If you couldn't find a ride to school or work it's your own fault.

·
Registered
767 Posts
This happened to my brothers race car when his timing was way off. However, there had to be more to it than just the ecm recall. There must have been something else they didn't catch. I have to agree with nissanbyblood in some respects, but I think that could have been more tactful. You can't blame Nissan. There is always a cab or bus, if nothing else. It may be pricey, but its cheaper than losing a job.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The ECM Recall is just for a $3 Relay that supplies 12 Volt Power to the ECM. It did not cause your engine to throw a rod. A Used Oil Analysis will tell quite a bit. Look for Bearing Wear. What is happening with it now? I agree, Job and School are personal management issues, not automotive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Potential Number Of Units Affected:*** 180664*DescriptionEQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL:AIR CONDITIONER*SummaryNISSAN IS RECALLING 180,664 MY 2005-2006 TITAN, ARMADA AND INFINITY QX56 VEHICLES MANUFACTURED AFTER MARCH 17, 2005, THAT ARE EQUIPPED WITH A VISTEON AIR CONDITIONING CONDENSER FAN MOTOR. THE FAN MOTOR MAY NOT BE PROPERLY SEALED ALLOWING EXCESSIVE WATER INTRUSION AND INADEQUATE DRAINAGE OF MOISTURE. *ConsequenceTHIS COULD CAUSE CORROSION IN THE MOTOR LEADING POSSIBLY TO OVERHEATING AND A FIRE

·
Registered
88 Posts
Potential Number Of Units Affected:*** 180664*DescriptionEQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL:AIR CONDITIONER*SummaryNISSAN IS RECALLING 180,664 MY 2005-2006 TITAN, ARMADA AND INFINITY QX56 VEHICLES MANUFACTURED AFTER MARCH 17, 2005, THAT ARE EQUIPPED WITH A VISTEON AIR CONDITIONING CONDENSER FAN MOTOR. THE FAN MOTOR MAY NOT BE PROPERLY SEALED ALLOWING EXCESSIVE WATER INTRUSION AND INADEQUATE DRAINAGE OF MOISTURE. *ConsequenceTHIS COULD CAUSE CORROSION IN THE MOTOR LEADING POSSIBLY TO OVERHEATING AND A FIRE
What does a fan motor issue have to do with the engine? LOL
:wacko:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Done with this... If there is any truth to this, I feel for you. If not, I feel for you more! Attitude is everything. Blaming others for your mistakes is exactly what's wrong with our country right now. Own up to your mistakes and live a respectable life. I have had 9 Nissans, two of which were Titans. They have all been great and Nissan has backed everyone of them. Bye.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ima call BS on this. If you couldn't find a ride to school or work it's your own fault.
x2

matts05titan: A tip: stop bashing Titans on a Titan owner's forum. All your posts have been negative. What kind of answers are you looking for like that?
Take a sec and relax. You are typing like a nigerian scammer.

-Lab

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
x2

matts05titan: A tip: stop bashing Titans on a Titan owner's forum.
wish you would go over to Mighty Titan and tell those guys that! :scheibe-big:tired of arguing with people about our trucks. not saying matt is though. just an issue i've been seeing lately. none the less, that throwing a rod deal seems fishy. you'd have to be dogging the truck REALLY BAD, or using the wrong oil. ECM couldn't have caused that. the dealer is screwing you. not nissan.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
We don't bad mouth people or other sites here. Before that gets going here I am closing the thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.