Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Nissan seat covers. Here are the evail (1 - 10 which 10 is best) and pictures of them:

*Notes: It think something wrong with the passenger side. It doesn't fit right. I will go to the dealer today and ask them.

Front bucket seats:

Fit: driver side = 9 passenger side = 5 (see pics)
Material Quality = 9
Installation = 8
Engineer/Design = 8

Rear seat - Crew cab
Fit: 9
Material Quality: 9
Engineer/Design: 7 - Can't use middle cup holder (see pics)
Installation = 8

****Conclusion: I paid $270.40 + tx for front and back (after %20 disc. end of Dec). For that price, I think they worth it. Wet Okole costs $259 just for the front set.
Still deciding to keep the front set or not. If dealer couldn't resolve the passenger side seat cover problem then I return the front set. I am happy with the rear which I need the most because of the kids and carseats, eventhough my kids can't use the center seat cups holder. The wrinkles will straight out in couple day in the sun. ( See my update below)

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
They look nice but not very form fitting. It does suck that Nissan made the seats out of crappy materials that stain way too easy. The only con that I can see other than a loose fit would be the no usage of the cup holders as you noted in the picture. but other than those two things they look great.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Please keep us updated as to the fit issue, I think I am getting these for Christmas???

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
the stiched on TITAN up top looks cool, cant beat the price, but fit needs to be worked out though. one tip, take a hair dryer and work the wrinkles out with heat from dryer and your hand. hope that helps

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seat cover - UPDATE

***UPDATE***I went to the dealer and got the replacement for front passenger cover. The new one fit perfectly like a glove. The old one missed some velcros and somehow it didn't fit nicely.

I changed my score "Fit = 9" for front passenger seat. I am very happy with the cover and the price I paid for it.

Front bucket seats:

Fit: driver side = 9 passenger side = 9 (see pics)
Material Quality = 9
Installation = 8
Engineer/Design = 8

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Tyltan
Thanks for the update, I am almost sure that is my Christmas present! :D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BiXLL, you will like it. I like it a lot after the replacement for the front passenger side. Actually, my front passenger side fit better than the driver side now. Make sure that you purchase them from creditable dealer just in case something wrong you can exchange it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I found the little tabs would come out real easy....I bought a grommit kit and put four on the front of the seat bottoms...also bought 1 1/2 sticky back velcro for the backs of the seats so I could pull them tighter...These things are nice...the wrinkles come out with time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My front passenger side is a little loose. It has a label on it that says it fits loose to prevent problems with the airbag sensor. But the seat covers are worth the price to protect the seats. I see you do not have power seat adjustments (or did not cut out the holes). That was the one thing that took some getting used to, at a drive through when I went to get out my wallet the seat cover sometimes grabbs the lever and tries to fold me flat with the seat back. 8)

G

·
The jury is still out for me, as to weather I like them or not. I am not convinved the front seat bottoms will stay in place with the mounting method used. They also seem to make me sit up higher in the seat, which again, I am not sure I like. I am hoping they work out well, as with the boat, I need the waterproof covers. The back seat looks and fits fantastic, I just want to wait and see how the fronts do before I make a judgement.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just_chris said:
My front passenger side is a little loose. It has a label on it that says it fits loose to prevent problems with the airbag sensor. But the seat covers are worth the price to protect the seats. I see you do not have power seat adjustments (or did not cut out the holes). That was the one thing that took some getting used to, at a drive through when I went to get out my wallet the seat cover sometimes grabbs the lever and tries to fold me flat with the seat back. 8)
I didn't have time to cut the holes at the time. I took the Titan to the mountain with my kids over the weekend. I already got my money worth on the seat covers. They protected the snow, water, and dirt from my seats. They are great.

G

·
Well, it has been a couple days since I put them on, and I must say that I am liking them more each day. They have not come loose what so ever like I was affraid off, and I have not been gentle getting in and out. It stiffens the feel of the seat up somewhat also, which I am liking. I think I may have fallen victom to reading what naysayers had to say about them, and not giving them a chance from the start!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
About 45 min. for 2 fronts and CC back seat. Once you get used to it. It's very easy and cut your time back in half

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nissan Seat Covers and Dogs

Do you think the neoprene covers would stand up to a medium sized dog (40lbs)? I'm thinking about getting the rear seat covers only so I can safely haul my oversized Sheltie around in the back seat. I have an LE with the leather/simulated leather seats and I don't want them cut/scratched up.

Thanks,

Greg

G

·
I know they are described as being neopreme, but they are far from what my wet suit is made of. They are more of a combination of a canvas/neopreme, and yes I think they would hold up under a dogs use.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BiXLL said:
I know they are described as being neopreme, but they are far from what my wet suit is made of. They are more of a combination of a canvas/neopreme, and yes I think they would hold up under a dogs use.
... and vinyl too. I am sure they will hold up OK.

It has been raining here is So. Cal. My sons steped their wet shoes on the seat covers. I just used the towel to wipe the dirt out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought the Nissan seat covers for my '05 CC LE from Jamie at 24/7 ....

They didn't fit the front seats ... not even close !!

The covers for the front seat backs came up about 3-4 inches short ...

And of course the headrest covers were for the '04 parallel headrests instead of the '05 wedge type ...

Anyway ... Jamie took a look in the '05 accessory catalog and noticed that seat covers for the '05 Titan were listed for the REAR SEATS ONLY ....

So .. he gladly took them back ...

But ... that only really left me with one option that suited me ... Wet Okole ... at about $600 for a full set in solid Charcoal ...

The Nissan seat covers were a bit thin ... they are one-side nylon covered Neopreme ... and although I believe that they would perform well in normal service ... I would expect that a dog would make short work of them ...

JMHO ....

:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks for everybody's comments. I'm going to look at some other options for rear seat covers. For the time being, I've got an old army blanket doing the job. It ain't pretty, but it protects the seats.

Now if I could only find something to keep doggie nose prints off the windows.... :roll:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts