Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a notification from Nissan that the ECM is defective in "certain 2004 - 2006" Titans. They say it will be replaced at no charge a safety item- vehicle could stop at any time on the road. I haven't seen many comments on this board,so I am wondering how serious this is ? Are there any symptoms ? They already replaced the IPDM; I guess there is no connection. ( I have 107 000 miles- they don't mention miles).

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I think that is only the ECM relay, not the ECM. Even if you replaced the IPDM you should go in to have the new relay installed. If you paid for the replacement of the IPDM and have a receipt, they will refund your money.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
When I first read this I was thinking maybe it was related to the catastrophic brake failure issue. But if their reason is that the vehicle stops (dies?) then that probably isn't the case. They reprogram the ECU in the cases I read about, not a complete ECU replacement.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The Recall is in fact, just to replace the ECU Relay. It is a $3 part if you wish to buy one at the Dealer. mine was not recalled, much to my surprise, but I have a few spares, and even a new OEM I bought.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
The dealer is selling them now? I thought they would only sell the entire IPDM assembly.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
They sell the Relay alone. This is because of the Recall. And it is only $3, not $35 like the other Relays on the IPDM, due to the Recall. So, the TitanBlue $7 ECU Relay Solution is a piece of history now. Head on down to the Dealer and buy this P/N 284B7-CW29E.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Dang! I should have had mine autographed. A Titan piece of history. You were a man ahead of his time.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
:auslachen2-big::auslachen2-big::auslachen2-big::auslachen2-big:​

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am a bit late on this follow-up : About a week after I got the recall, the engine would hesitate at full throttle /3000 rpm. Couple days later, it hesitated at 2500 rpm, a couple days later it wouldnt get over 2000 and I could barely get on the freeway. Took it to the dealer (it ran fine to 1800 rpm, but no higher) ;Dealer replaced the recall ECM relay at no charge and it now runs fine. (The only thing they tried to sell me was rear pads, which I know are worn at 107,000).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts