Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me crazy or whatever but my mind just keeps dreaming of a Titan with 400+ horsepower and 500+lb feet of torque sipping sweet gulps of laughing gas. Anyone added the blue bottle to a Titan yet??? If so, wet or dry kit? If wet, where did you pick up your extra fuel from? I have owned 2 cars in the past with Nitrous and I have to tell you, it is awesome! Give us the skinny. I know somebody has done it . . .

Whoa! I just had a thought. With 125 shot of juice I could go on the prowl for a Lightning or maybe even an SRT-10??? Yepee! I'm all giddy like a school girl . . . Imagine the look on that guys face! And from that day forward it would be "Hemi What?"

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I know Finnatic a member here has I believe he has his times posted with and without the juice.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
"the_head" has a Titan rigged for nitrous. Click here for his dyno thread.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Not a bad deal at all. Just know that you have to put in some other kind of button or switch to activate it (there is no linkage for the micro switch) and a bottle heater of some sort and you're 95% there. Know that you'll also have to modify a stock (buy one) or your existing fuel line to tap into.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For the micro switch all you do is wire it to your active button and the switch mounts somwere close to the t/b i have all the parts for it :D

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering about the activation part. Since the Titan is "Throttle by wire" using a micro-switch on the throttle linkeage is out right? Does the Titan still have a "Throttle Position Sensor?" If so, you can add a module that will memorize throttle position and activate the nitrous at full throttle. That's how the ZEX Kit on my Z28 was. Pretty handy method and easy to install. How is yours set up Head??? Any pics under hood??????

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just have a push button. You are correct, you cannot mount a micro switch on the Titan on or anywhere near the t.b. You could probably mount one on the gas pedal inside the truck if you wanted to. Or if you wanted to take the time, I'm sure you could get a box like NOS or Zex has to read TP voltage. I have some pics but have changed my plumbing since then so I need to get some pics of it setup like I have it now.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the_head said:
I just have a push button. You are correct, you cannot mount a micro switch on the Titan on or anywhere near the t.b. You could probably mount one on the gas pedal inside the truck if you wanted to. Or if you wanted to take the time, I'm sure you could get a box like NOS or Zex has to read TP voltage. I have some pics but have changed my plumbing since then so I need to get some pics of it setup like I have it now.
I thought about mounting the microswitch on the gas pedal but I have the adjustable pedals and it just seems to complicated. I am thinking I may just go with another ZEX kit with built in TPS module to make things simple. Also, where did you tap in for your extra fuel source for enrichment? Do you run premium fuel all the time? If not, which grade? Pictures would be awesome if you can!

BTW, did you happen to catch Hot Rod TV this past week? They were testing both the SRT-10 and Ford Lightning. Based on your numbers you could beat a Ford Lightning and run even with an SRT-10 on the bottle. They could only muster low 14's with the Lightning and high 13's with the Dodge. I love that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts