Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my nitrous solenoid fried last night. I made one run and while making the run, the truck cut out for a second and read richer than normal for a nitrous run so I got out of it. In the pits we found that the coil assembly had melted. I'm considering switching to Cold Fusion solenoids since some of the local Houston guys have had some success with them and the company is here in Houston. I have been running their jets as it is since they are compatible with NOS brand stuff. It's either that or a solenoid rebuild kit. Seeing as how this one cratered, I'm thinking the other one might not be far behind (and that is the fuel side - bad things may happen then).

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Good luck Head and keep us posted you know we will want to see pictures man.
M4ck

·
Registered
791 Posts
the_head said:
Well my nitrous solenoid fried last night. I made one run and while making the run, the truck cut out for a second and read richer than normal for a nitrous run so I got out of it. In the pits we found that the coil assembly had melted. I'm considering switching to Cold Fusion solenoids since some of the local Houston guys have had some success with them and the company is here in Houston. I have been running their jets as it is since they are compatible with NOS brand stuff. It's either that or a solenoid rebuild kit. Seeing as how this one cratered, I'm thinking the other one might not be far behind (and that is the fuel side - bad things may happen then).
Never had a problem myself with NOS Solenoids but some people say they are junk which is surprising considering they are the icon in the nitrous world. You definately don't want a fuel solenoid going south on you during a run. Your only saving grace, should that happen, is that your only spraying a 50 shot and the computer may pull enough timing before things went south. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
791 Posts
the_head said:
That and I still use my a/f guage. It takes it a second to react but that would beat 10 or more seconds during a run.
You got that right! What A/F guage are you running and did you just tap into a stock O2 sensor or did you have to thread in one?

·
Registered
601 Posts
the_head said:
It's a cheapo Summit Racing 2" gauge. I tapped into an existing O2 sensor.
You still running those O2 sims? Seems like it was you that posted about finding some O2 sims that work over on TT a few months ago.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I wonder if the A/F guage is accurate since we have O2 sensors that have pretty good resolution. What voltage is the guage capable of reading?!?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts