Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I stopped by the Nissan dealer to try to pick someone's brain about my Titan w/out the big tow. I thought the difference between having the tow package and not having it was the gear ratio, the mirrors, and of course the hitch. When I bought my 2010 i had them throw in the hitch and in with my purchase. I found out I don't have an auxiliary fan nor do I have an extra tranny cooler. The plug for the fan is there and is available from Nissan for under $200.00. I'll go factory on the fan but might go aftrmarket on a cooler Any comments?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
There is no fan for the transmission cooler. All Titans came from the factory with an electric fan for the A/C condenser. Your Titan should have this fan. The tow package did not include an extra cooler. All Titans, with or without the tow package came with two coolers; one in the radiator bottom tank and a air cooler located between the A/C condenser and the radiator, at the top on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
This morning I stopped by the Nissan dealer to try to pick someone's brain about my Titan w/out the big tow. I thought the difference between having the tow package and not having it was the gear ratio, the mirrors, and of course the hitch. When I bought my 2010 i had them throw in the hitch and in with my purchase. I found out I don't have an auxiliary fan nor do I have an extra tranny cooler. The plug for the fan is there and is available from Nissan for under $200.00. I'll go factory on the fan but might go aftrmarket on a cooler Any comments?
Nissan dropped the electric fan in 09 but it has nothing to do with having the towing package. No new Titans have the extra fan. I'm really not sure why they did it other than to save a few $$$s but I like that I have one. It doesn't just come on with the A/C either. To me it adds a little more airflow to keep things cool.
All Titans have 2 transmissions coolers..including yours. One is built into the bottom of the radiator, and the other one is sandwiched between the radiator and the A/C condensor on the passenger side. Don't ask the dealer anything. They haven't a clue half of the time.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Ya I miss having that auxiliary fan. My 04's air would stay ice cold even sitting in traffic. My 2010 w/out the fan does not hardly blow cold at all if I am just sitting there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts