Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
i just bought an oem titan hitch with out the relays and the adaptor that connects to the hitch itself. i bought the adaptor from the dealer and also bought a relay switch. i know my 2004 needs two relays one for the trailer lights and one for electric trailor brakes. i don't have a trailor with trailor breaks so i only need the relay for the trailor lights. so my question to you guys is what is the model number and the color of the relay for the trailor lights? the dealer sold me the a brown relay which connects to the trailor tow 2. did they give me the wrong relay?

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Reviving this thread. There was another truck (Chevy) hooked up to the trailer and all the lights worked, but when I'm connected, no brakes or reverse lights on the left side of the trailer. Also, no trailer interior lights when I'm connected, but plenty of light when the Chevy was connected.

I really don't want to be without the truck for a full day for a simple fuse. If anyone has some input here, I'll take it.

Thanks docopharm for finding this thread again.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have not done the TSB yet. But it seems that problems arise AFTER the TSB?
Mine works just fine. That and my trailer is brand new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bringing this one back from dead. I have an old 2004 Titan that had this EXACT problem - right blinker/brake worked fine but no power to left blinker/brake even at the factory output on harness (4prong or the 7-pin - yellow wire on trailer/harness was getting no power). Traced it back & checked all relays. Problem ended up being the two in-line fuses that no one seems to tell you about that were tucked WAY up under my dash on right side of steering column (above the accelerator pedal - I assume that is the BCU up there...). Sure enough - one of mine was blown. Replaced it and all left turn/brake work fine now - I assume the other fuse would be same fix if no right brake or turn signal to trailer. After spending 2 hours trying to trace this issue down and finally coming across this thread, I figured I would take a picture of these two fuses in case anyone else ever runs across this issue (see pic of white plastic housings for 2 10A blade fuses side-by-side - located above gas pedal). I untangled mine to make them MUCH more accessible in the future - dealer had them taped so far up there you could hardly even tell what they were until fishing them out!

Note: On my 2004 there is a relay in under-hood box but not for the left/right. The two relays are under dash - left side of steering column (there's also a space for a brown one I believe or 12V to RV charging + another white plug that appeared to not be used - assume for trailer brakes?)...

Automotive tire Wood Automotive design Machine Motor vehicle

21 - 25 of 25 Posts