Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking thru the 2011 Titan brochure I found that although they still offer an SE CC LWB truck, all trucks have the 28 gallon tank. That sucks! I LOVE my 37 gallon tank for long towing trips at 8 MPG! lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dang that's a big tank... I had no idea you could get a tank that big. I assume that only came on LWB CCs?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yep your correct, I hardly ever fill mine up and its just 28 lol 30 bucks every 3 days for me.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
That is a big tank, Ford has used 37 gallon tanks on 4x4 F-150's for a while now.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang that's a big tank... I had no idea you could get a tank that big. I assume that only came on LWB CCs?
In 2008 Nissan also offered a LWB King Cab as well. Anything with the LWB (Long Wheel Base) had the 37 gallon tank. After 208, Nissan only offered the LWB on the SE CC..still with the large fuel tank. Since I tow our RV, it's nice not having to stop for fuel. Yes, the F-150 offers either a 27 or 35.7 gallon tank depending on model. I was just surprised to see Nissan no longer offers that tank on the LWBs.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
As low as demand is for the Titan, I doubt it was economical to maintain a supply of them for just one model variant. Still a nice thing to have in the right application, otherwise a waste of weight to carry around for most of us.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only fill it if I need it. Otherwise, I run closer to half tank. Mine is the only LWB Titan I've seen around here. My dealer can't keep Titans in stock! Especially this time of year. They never get 4X2s or XEs because my sales guy (and friend) claims they don't sell 4X2 here is silly in winter) and they only order what does. Seems to be working for them so far.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
It would be cool if you could retrofit a 37 gal tank into a 28 gallon location.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would be cool if you could retrofit a 37 gal tank into a 28 gallon location.
I've never looked to see exactly how it's situated but I'd imagine it's located in such a way that the longer wheelbase is needed for it to fit. On my 04, I always thought about adding a secondary fuel tank because while towing, it can be a PITA to try and fit in gas stations...besides having to stop before reaching your destination. Now it's great! You'd be surprised just how much further you can go on almost 10 more gallons.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Ford Excursion has a 44 gallon fuel tank. 6.8 Liter V-10.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
What ever happened to..

Auxillary tanks?

My Dad's Ford back in the 70's had an auxillary tank and it was nice to be able to make the call whether or not to fill it up or not.

I'm surprised that feature is not on the Titan; diving the tank into a 28 and a reserve would be nice IMO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My work truck has the Ford V10. You NEED 44 gallon tanks on those thirsty engines !!!

Yea but it sounds good when you push the go pedal to the floor. Ha Ha. I got to tell you though, this stock Titan has a very pleasing exhaust note in the cab. I don't really care what anybody else :thumbsup-big:hears :)>

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea but it sounds good when you push the go pedal to the floor. Ha Ha. I got to tell you though, this stock Titan has a very pleasing exhaust note in the cab. I don't really care what anybody else :thumbsup-big:hears :)>

LOL...That's right...screw everyone else! That reminds me of a time MANY years ago....my grandfather would wash his car (Ford Pinto mind you) then he'd only wax the hood......he claimed it was the only part of the car that HE could see from behind the wheel...lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
LOL...That's right...screw everyone else! That reminds me of a time MANY years ago....my grandfather would wash his car (Ford Pinto mind you) then he'd only wax the hood......he claimed it was the only part of the car that HE could see from behind the wheel...lol.
Hey, whatever works. Probably gave his Pinto the aero advantage to the Mercury Bobcat. :)>

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good GAWD thats a big tank! I can barely afford to fill the one up I have now.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tell me about it!!! Thanks goodness for getting gas at Stop-N-Shop! Every $100 you spend you take .10 off! I got down a few weeks ago to $1.85 a gallon!

·
Registered
17 Posts
http://When I fill up the Excursion two or three cars will have pulled up fueled, and left and I'm still there. prepare for a long wait if your behind me at the gas station. cost's Usually around $150.00. I can go over 500 miles on a tank if I'm on the hwy. Leaving with the family today in the X cause it's going to be raining. I wanted to take the Titan, but all of our gear would be wet. I don't like like truck caps. Thats what an SUV is for. Just so happens I own the biggest one ever built. HA HA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts