Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Most jurisdictions require some form of muffler, some require "industry standard" others require as little as a resonator. Read through your local regulations.

Personally I've done the obnoxiously loud truck thing and I doubt anyone will be happy with a straight piped Titan for very long.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I just wanted to move it around and not sure I could do it all in a weekend
Didn't want to hurt the truck if I had to drive it

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
As long as whats left on the truck is supported by the hangers it shouldn't cause a problem. For example I wouldn't drive around (much) with just headers and the b-pipes as the b-pipes are not supported. With the muffler and tailpipe removed and the intermediate pipe(s) supported by their hanger the truck shouldn't have a problem, your neighbors might though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the problem I've been having the first owner must have tried a different muff and then wielded the xlerator cat back right back on with out bringing spec length back to original so all hangers from muffler back keep snapping and now I just took cross pipes off and turned it down which has melted my park brake cable so I want to start over with cherry bombs hotrod series but can only afford 1 at a pay period and need the muffler off for a couple weeks and and screw my neighbors there not friends of mine

G

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never got around to it but still might never the less is it bad for the truck or can it hurt anything

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also back pressure may be compromised if you uninstall the muffler. How about just replacing the system with a decent exhaust like flowmaster or magnaflow. It would surely sound and perform better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts