·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wait 1 this cell sucks

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would try painting the upper grill shell red and your mirrors also. I know what you mean about the chrome, I'm getting tired of mine too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
exactly why i haven't done mine this way. not sure with the timberline met that it would look ok. i think it just looks out of place

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
if you were going for a hood and top racing strip thing, then i'd say hell yeah. go with it. but just the front gives off this Hitler stash look to me. I say paint the bottom to match and go with that grill gladiator has in black. but its your truck, as you can tell I just did whatever i wanted with mine. lol. make it however original you want.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think it looks sick man! But i also think it might look better if you had the black go all the way up the hood too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
IMO, kind of looks like you have unfinished body work. What about painting all the chrome red to match, than make the grille black.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I can't say I love it or hate it. I like the fact that it is different, but I think there are a few things that could be painted to make everything come together. May be red racing stripes within the black? I don't know, but something seems to be missing...... Looks ok though.

·
Registered
675 Posts
i dont think it looks to bad at all. I do think that it would probably look better if you carried the black up to the hood as well to help tie it all in together. When it comes down to it though it all about what you like buddy

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input guys y'all rock!
Yes I am going to do the Hood all the way back to the rear bumper but I'm going to get that done later.....baby steps :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the input guys y'all rock!
Yes I am going to do the Hood all the way back to the rear bumper but I'm going to get that done later.....baby steps :)

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
if that's the case then i'm all for it! i also like 8ball's idea about adding a red stripe up the middle.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like it.
Dark charcoal flake might be classier with the red.
Carry it back on the top central panel of the hood, but not down the lower areas right and left, then continue on over just the central flat part of the roof.

·
Registered
93 Posts
if you're not sure, i would look into vinyl wrap that way you can just peel it off if you ever change your mind.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry not likeing it at all, can relate to hating the chrome but this IMO is way too over the top really needs something else to clean up the look

·
Registered
322 Posts
Paint Scheme...

I think it will look good brother...I am in the process of sanding my truck down now and was thinking of doing the same thing...Gloss black sides and forest green bumper, grill, hood, cabin top, tailgate and rollpan...This would include the mirrors, wiper arms, wiper cowl and door handles...

Keep up the good work...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think it will look good brother...I am in the process of sanding my truck down now and was thinking of doing the same thing...Gloss black sides and forest green bumper, grill, hood, cabin top, tailgate and rollpan...This would include the mirrors, wiper arms, wiper cowl and door handles...

Keep up the good work...
You making your T look good is giving me motivation to make mine look good to :):thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
322 Posts
lol

As much as I appreciate the compliment...I wouldn't say all that...If you could see how my truck looks right now...Three quarters of it has been sanded down...I swear it breaks my heart every morning (lol)...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts