Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm back guys. The new toy is a 2008 Titan Pro-4x. I'm going a little different route this time. Not after a 13.8 sec truck like last time. This is my plan so far.

Volant CAI with functional scoop
2.25" dual in 2.5" out Magnaflow muffler

Lift??

This is where I mostly need help. I have used Greg's (PRG) equipment before and started looking at his mini lift kit with 2" in front and 1.5" in back but I am not a fan of the gaps body lifts leave between the bumper and body and wanted to see pics of how that gap looks. My next question is about suspension lifts. I have nit been able to track down anything smaller than Rancho's 4 inch. I'm not sure what I really want to spend on the lift right now because I know I've also have the $1000 plus expense on tires. I plan to run some 295/70-18s in the end. What kind of lifts do you guys suggest?? Appreciate the help guys

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
The PRG mini lift is not a body lift. Oh welcome back and congrats!

·
Registered
675 Posts
welcome back to the titan world man. and like bixll said the mini lift is not a body lift just a suspension lift so you will not get the gap between then body and the frame

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok now that we have that cleared up, what are you guys thoughts on my exhaust choice??

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I thought the Pro 4X had a decent exhaust on it, is there a reason you want to change it out?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the Pro 4X had a decent exhaust on it, is there a reason you want to change it out?
My main issue/concern with the exhaust is the lack of sound. As far as I can tell it is the same exhaust as on any 2007 or later Titan. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
675 Posts
your not gona slap and SLP loud mouth on this truck.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your not gona slap and SLP loud mouth on this truck.
Everything I read said this truck responds better to a dual in single out. Sure I could fab up a 2.5" Loud Mouth with a Y to make a dual in single out but not sure I want to do that this time.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
PRG mini lift some 35's mud terrains on the OEM wheels and your done.. the pro4x are taller than the 07 06 05 04 4x4 titans, so 35's should fit... if not try the RC mini lift, it comes with upper control arms to avoid the coilbucket contact

welcome back...

POST SOME PICTURES OF THE NEW BEAST

·
Registered
675 Posts
Well you know everyone love the magnaflows so you can always throw one on. you will have a flow through muffler so it wont hurt your performance and you have a verity of sizes to chose from as well. but I always tell people to go with the sound that they like because unless you are trying to have a 13sec truck there is not going to be that huge of a gain difference between most the exhaust/mufflers on the market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts