Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday when I installed the carbotech brake pads I also took the time to clean the wheels and rotate the tires. One thing I noticed that kind of struck me as odd was the front tires were worn a 1/16" more then the rears. I looked them over closely to see if I had an alignment problem but they were wearing perfectly even, no cupping, no knife edges when I ran my hand across them. No nothing...

I've never had a rear wheel drive vehicle that wore the fronts more then the rears. Has anyone else noticed this?? I know the 18's that were on my LE wore even front to rear so maybe it's a 4x4 thing or a BF Goodrich thing.. This is my first ever 4x4 that I've owned so I'm still learning.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
It has always been my experiance:

So long as you don't "smokem", front tires will always wear faster then the rears. I am thinking you don't realize this as you have not been in a situation where you don't "smokem"?????? You have the the majority of vehicle weight riding on the front wheels, as well as the wear from the turning characteristics.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense because I haven't been too hard on these tires like I was with the 18's on the LE. I guess I need to light'em up more often to keep things wearing even... :lol:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've always had my fronts wear faster. Braking, turning, and weight are the main factors.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess in a very innocent way I just told on myself BIGTIME!! All I can hear is my son saying, "burn rubber daddy"....and I usually do. But this is the first RWD vehicle that I've actually been refraining from doing that. Thanks all for the simple explanation to my tire wear question......I'm humbled... :oops:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
JetTech said:
I guess in a very innocent way I just told on myself BIGTIME!! All I can hear is my son saying, "burn rubber daddy"....and I usually do. But this is the first RWD vehicle that I've actually been refraining from doing that...
I'll bet it's hard to hold back given the mods you have. I can see you sitting there with your son egging you on and then telling him the story of the papa bull and the baby bull standing on a hill looking down at a herd of cows... :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts