Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, let me say how irked I am that I didn't wait one week to find these things for $75 in the for sale section... particularly because of how long I've been looking for them.

Anyway, I have been looking for OEM lights for some time now, I didn't want the dealer to do it because of the markup, so I ordered them from the link on this site and used the CLBTTN money saver... awesome. Got them shipped to me something like 4 or 5 days later which was awesome.

Installation was cake. Pop out the old black covers with a flathead screwdriver and pop the new fog lights in... no need for the grommets supplied in my case. Tighten down the 8mm (not 5mm like the instructions say) nuts and pull the harness that's taped behind the hood and plug them in. Seems to me that the fog light plugs on this truck are like all fog light plugs on all other cars everywhere...

Then pop out the little screw cover in the steering column, and undo the three phillips head screws. Rotate the upper console up and the lower down, and pop out the old stalk via the white retaining clips. Snap the new one in and you're greeted by the shrill "your lights are on numbnuts" sound because you were playing with the stalk earlier and testing the fog light function.

Reassemble the column, making sure that the plastic nubs all go into their respective holes, redo screws, and you are left to enjoy the look of driving a 35k truck vice a 25k one.

Andrew

PS time for a new signature

· Registered
55 Posts
Great review. I too recently installed the OEM fogs. Got them from jerseyparts. I recommend them.

· Registered
191 Posts
I have these listed in my future mod section of my signature, so I appreciate the review!!

I was worried about replacing the stalk because I was worried about breaking it.

· Registered
751 Posts
Rat Boy said:
...I was worried about replacing the stalk because I was worried about breaking it.
Don’t worry about it. I won’t say it’s impossible to break anything, but you’ll really have to make an effort to do some damage. Hardest part of the entire operation is putting the steering column back on. That in its self isn’t super challenging, but it can take some time getting the two pieces perfectly lined up.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
baseballfanz said:
WOW them fog lights cost $10K?:D
Lol, you know what I mean... fog lights are one of those things that give a vehicle a more sophisticated appearance. Like larger, fatter wheels, or tastefully done body trim.

Andrew

· Registered
100 Posts
I just got my kit. I have found the prewired connectors for the fog lights behind the bumper but i cannot find the wiring under the dash for the switch. Any ideas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts