Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, when i changed the oil in my T yesterday, i put 6.5 quarts in. i checked it 5 min after(to let it all drain) and it showed to the full line. i started the truck and let it run for 10min while i was checking other stuff. shut it off and waited about 30min, to again let it all drain. when i checked it again, it was in between the low and full marks. probably because of the filter. should i put another 1/2 quart in there making it a grand total of 7 qts? it wont blow seal or gaskets would it?

im thinking the timing chain tensioner in causing my knock sound. been reading that if its even a 1/2 qt low, the tensioner will loose oil pressure easier. is this true(got it off an Armada site). TIA

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The manual says 6.5 qts w/filter but the dealers use 7 qts in their changes so that's what I've always used in both of my Titans. 6.5 qts was always a little low but probably still fine. Either way, you'll be ok. Sorry I can't help with the tensioner question though. First I'm hearing that.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol...lotta research on titan and armada forums. sound bugs me. how do you know they service it with 7? does it say on the sheet they give you? i dont get mine done at the dealer. thanks

·
Registered
494 Posts
Most dealers will print how many qts of oil, what grade and then what filter was used. This keeps all their records correct and prevents issues with paperwork down the line.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I know when I went to Valvalene instant oil change they scan the bar code on the door jamb and it tells them exactly how much to use, it comes up 6.6 quarts, but they check it when thier done it is usually reads a little low so then end up adding some, to like 7 quarts.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I know when I went to Valvalene instant oil change they scan the bar code on the door jamb and it tells them exactly how much to use, it comes up 6.6 quarts, but they check it when thier done it is usually reads a little low so then end up adding some, to like 7 quarts.
The dipstick actually says when it is between the marks it is full, or something to that effect. There is no add 1 that I know of but may be wrong on that, it is just good between the two marks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts